Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nokia 23 ims failure

reggiekennard62
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi ,my nokia 2.3 has stopped recieving sms texts, i can send them no problem but get a message up saying ims failure,when they reply i dont run any out of norm apps just the run of the mill ones ,ive tried putting it back to factory settings but this has not solved it has anyone got any information on how to fix this,apart from this issue the phone works perfect with every thing else,   thanks reggie.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @reggiekennard62 

What happens if you try your sim card in another phone ?

Spare phone or Family, friends or neighbours phone for example.

i.e does it receive texts OK then ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks for the reply,no i haven't tried that but ill give it a go ,is that common with the sim then regards reggie.

Its a glitch that can happen Yes @reggiekennard62 

Doing what I mentioned helps rule out the sim card or phone that maybe at issue.

There are several troubleshooting options such as making sure there are no contacts added to any blocking feature , making sure your account is OK via your myvodafone and via asking customer services and sometimes having the sim card replaced via a sim swap.

Occasionally removing the sim card and wiping the sim chip and re seating the sim card can work too. Soft reboot by turning the phone Off and then On can help.

Mast issues can occur which can be checked via status-checker and mast congestion can affect network services.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @reggiekennard62 

If you have your messages set up to send as chat, it would be worth turning this off from your message settings, if the recipient is not using chat this can cause the message to fail.  There is further information here:  Messaging Features 

Also, take a look at device guides here:  Nokia 2.3