Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

phone

martinkennedy99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

In call phone settings not responding to touch (mute, speaker, keypad etc) touch resonse ok otherwise...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Weirdly the fault is now fixed after I plugged my phone into the computer to download some pictures. I would normally have assumed that this is coincidental but for the fact that a few weeks ago my partner's phone screen went blank but also returned when I plugged it into the computer to download pictures.....maybe something happens in the background when a phone and a computer are connected....who knows?

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

hrym
17: Community Champion

In the first instance, can you try simply restarting the phone.  If that fails, long press the homescreen icon and select app info.   From there, force stop it and see if that helps.  If it doesn't, clearing its data is worth a try - you'll need to redo any changes you've made to the default setting after that, of course.

Thanks Hrym - tried all that: didn't work - also reinserted sim - that didn't work either

hrym

Very odd.   You could try a factory reset, but that's a right pain.   Maybe an alternative dialler app as a worksound?

Edited to add: actually, it sounds like a resources issue - which I'd normally expect a restart to fix, at least temporarily, though clearing recent apps migth be worth a try, too.  What phone is it?

Yes - want to avoid factory reset if possible - new phone still under warranty so maybe will replace or repair at Vodafone workshop when they reopen - perhaps try another dialler app in the meantime...

hrym

As it sounds as though everything else is working OK, I doubt this is a hardware fault and probably doesn't require a repair - which will involve a factory reset anyway, so you'd lose nothing by trying that yourself.

I think I'd be inclined to try a different dialler until Vodafone shops reopen and then drop in and see if someone there can figure it out for you.

I still suspect resources, though a recently-purchased device should have sufficient and not be struggling.   What phone is it?

It is a sony experia L4 - only four months old and plenty of memory left

hrym

I have an L3 and yes, it's fine.  That's not the problem.

A further thought: go into Settings|Apps and see if you can uninstall updates for the Phone app.   If that sorts it, reapply the update and try again.

Otherwise, use an alternative and wait for shops to open again.

Weirdly the fault is now fixed after I plugged my phone into the computer to download some pictures. I would normally have assumed that this is coincidental but for the fact that a few weeks ago my partner's phone screen went blank but also returned when I plugged it into the computer to download pictures.....maybe something happens in the background when a phone and a computer are connected....who knows?

hrym

Weird is right.  I can see no reason for that, unless plugging the device in started another process that kicked the one that was causing the problem out of RAM.