Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

why is my phone coming up +44 when they ring from the uk

steelmalc
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi i have a p30 pro and when some one rings from the uk  that isnt in my contacts it comes up with +44 and doesnt tell me the area its calling from its not a big problem just doing my nut in as cant find how to stop it 

I had a mate 20 before and if someone rang from the uk the full number came up and told me the area it was calling from 

1. is it a vodafone thing or a setting i need to change 

2. my mate 20 was on giffgaff 

hope you can help 

cheers 

malc 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It maybe just worth having a peek in your contacts app and its settings and preferences to see if any international toggle is activated @steelmalc 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hi iv had a look cannot seem to see any in there for international 

AnnS

Hi @steelmalc 

This has been happening for ages and and certainly nothing to be concerned about, with the call coming through as +44 you can be assured it a UK number calling you.

When an unknown number calls it will show as +44 the UK country code but if anyone calls from a known number, it comes through as stored in your contacts.  If you look at your text messages the contacts will be stored as +44 and be sent to you by name but if you are sent a text from a landline or unknown number, it will be received as +44 or if coming from overseas the country code for the country sending the text message.

Indeed storing contacts as +44 makes calling back to the UK a lot easier when abroad.

You will find this is the same for all phones and not something that can be changed.

63johnw

I think what @steelmalc  is referring to is when an unknown number, not from their contacts, calls they used to get a message saying what part of the UK the call was coming from (used to get this on my work Samsung) but they are no longer getting that location of call message. 

AnnS

Yes @63johnw 

That seems to have stopped, now unknown number calls come through as +44 or the overseas country code.

it not a problem really it was just niggling me that i couldnt sort it out it was just nice to know where they was calling from and whether to answer it or not ..yer it was like 020 it would come up with london or 0161 for manchester ect guess its just something ill get used to