Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2 days broadband still not connected..

AnyMinuteNow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

new to Vodafone home broadband, my go live date was yesterday.

swapped over routers mid day and after a few minutes got two green lights! Great!

issue being I can't browse.

connected to the WiFi, go to a web page and all I get is a page saying 'please wait while your router is setting up'.

I was expecting to recieve the content filter page, which apparently should show first time automatically, but nothing. This is now the next day. Still same. Different device, same issue.

after 24 hours I decided to factory reset,  and try again. Few hours later, still the same.

on the router status page it has an IP, gateway, dns set (and they appear correct).

and from a connected device I can also resolve dns queries, (I flushed the cache first)

A traceroute shows the connection making it to the gateway before eventually giving up.

except for the dns server which works..!? :Hmm_Face:

I guess the issue is the interstitial page that should appear isn't happening

The other issue appears to be that every 10 minutes the PPP connection drops and reconnects again! :Hmm_Face:

one further issue, I cannot, and have never, been able to access my my Vodafone account!:Angry_Face: (many resets and call to support have not helped).

and one more thing! called Vodafone again tonight and they can't help because their systems are down!!

Im starting to think cancelling is my best bet.. :Worried_Face:

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @AnyMinuteNow

I agree not a good seamless start to your new broadband  :Sad_face:

Its also 'sod's law' that their systems were down when you contacted them !

I can only suggest to call the dedicated Broadband Team on "08080 034 515 for Home Broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week"

And ask for a Super Users help via 191 in regards to your myvodafone. Appreciate youve already asked a frontline agent. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the info, I will have another go at contacting them again today.

At this point I'm assuming that the my Vodafone issue is the cause of the Broadband not working, in my logic (which could be way off!) I would say obviously the specifics and the content settings have to be stored somewhere (my Vodafone) and if that doesn't work I guess the whole thing fails..

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi @AnyMinuteNow

It sounds like a content control issue.

What devices are you using when trying to connect to the internet? Sometimes certain devices don't bring up the content control page upon connecting to the router. 

If you have already tried a reset then try disconnecting the devices from the network and re-trying. If no luck from that then calling the Customer Service team as BandofBrothers mentioned might be your best bet. They will be able to send you a content control link to get you try it manually or if that doesn't work the they will be able to disable it from their end. 

Hope this helps.