Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Adding data - mixed messages and poor support

benjaminos
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a 7GB data plan at the moment - this month, due to some one-off circumstances, I hit that limit quite early on in the month, and added a 2GB data pack, which I also ended up burning through.

The message you get at that point says to call you to add extra data - so I did, and was told that another 2GB had been added. The text message I received didn't seem to agree though, saying that my limit had been increased to 9GB. And then I got another text at midnight saying that I'd hit my limit again.

So I phoned again - same deal, 'sure, we've added 2GB', text message says 9GB, text at midnight saying that I've hit my limit.

Which brings me to this morning, where I contacted you by live chat, and was told that it's not possible to add further data packs if one has been applied already.

So, why did the first two people I spoke to advise me that they'd increased the limit when they obviously hadn't, and why does the text message say to contact you if you have no intention of increasing the data limit? Will I be charged for going over my limit now? (I'm assuming the answer is yes)

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

There is some information on Vodafone Extras Here. That may / may not help. 

As your login credentials here are different from your myvodafone account no one would know who you are. 

I would suggest to speak with Customer service on 191. 

Live Chat who are occasionally overseas call centres have a reputation for telling the customer what they want to hear. 

Going forward as your data usage is higher than your current allowance it maybe cheaper and more beneficial to ask for this to be raised in yiur tariff. 

The 2Gb they add renews each month on a contract until you ask for it to be stopped. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I can only assume that the agent thought that the data had been added - but the system hadn't rejected the request. Unless you told them that you had an existing data pack, they possibly wouldn't have know as some of the information isn't always available on the front screens and take a bit of digging to get to.

I imagine the message is a standard text being sent out which is why you're told to contact Vodafone. If you have gone over your limit, then yes, you will be charged.

PWIAC