Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Pay

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

It looks highly likely that Apple Pay is coming to Britain soon and it's likely to be announced at tomorrow evening's WWDC keynote presentation.

Do we think that Apple Pay will finally shake up the mobile phone contactless payment market?

Would you use it if and when it comes here? (Non Apple users can answer as well).

How will this affect the Vodafone offering which has a number of restrictions?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

49 REPLIES 49

jeffkinn
Want my address to send me the card John?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw
Just let me think about that for a minute ........ Sorry @jeffkinn but no !

jeffkinn
Hmm. Some friend you are 😀

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Update :

H.S.B.C have just tweeted a reply saying they'll have  Pay set up for the 28th of July 15.

That and my favourite Coffee Shop Costa have the payment facility makes me a happy fellow.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

Still waiting for my MBNA credit card to arrive. I've received the pin number but not the card yet.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
I hope you receive the card soon.

I tried to set up  pay using my HSBC Debit Card a short time ago before I knew HSBC pulled themselves from it. As it kept failing after the 4th attempt I googled and found they wouldn't be supporting this until the end of July

I then noticed £6.33 taken from my bank account. I wasn't aware  hold £1.58 to check it's the account holder setting this up so as is tried 4 times ! Received it back after 3-4 days.

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

I finally received the MBNA credit card today and loaded it up on Apple pay. That took a couple of attempts as it misread my name the first time.

Then the app informed me I had to call MBNA to verify the card. After holding for a few minutes the operative told me he couldn't see the card and I had to delete it and re-add it while on the phone.

I then had to answer 3 multiple choice questions based on a search of my credir file - managed to get through that and the card has been activated for use with Apple Pay.

However, that was 45 minutes ago and the Passbook app still shows the card as requiring verification. I won't use it in anger until Monday on the Tube so I may have to call MBNA again to verify the verification.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jeffkinn

Several hours later and the card is still not verified for use. I've spoken to MBNA again and the operative can't see any reason why not and needs to escalate it to her manager who won't be in until Monday.

Not impressed!!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
Looks like we've both had some hiccups.

I wonder if you'll get the verification charges held on the card by apple as I did ?

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

Not the same - HSBc doesn't support Apple Pay yet and MBNA do and there are no transactions on my account and no indication from MBNA that there will be. However, perhaps the absence of a transaction is an indication of the problem.

I'm expecting MBNA to call me back at 6pm to check and see if it's worked yet. I'll ask then if I should expect a test transaction from Apple.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png