Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Big Value Bundles - extra Rewards Points

kdhuk
4: Newbie

Just bought a £10 Big Value Bundle  and expected 150 Rewards points to be added to my account as advertised. I received a mere 50 rather than the 150.

This is false advertising as it implies 150 more rewards points when buying a BVB, when it actually means 50 on top of the original100 you get for topping up........ ie 150 is only applied if the bundle is bought with new money rather than using existing balance.

This should be made a lot clearer !

1 REPLY 1

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Totally agree! When the Reward Points bonus for buying a BVB was first introduced, I think that it was made rather clearer that the bonus was only 50 points. Since then there has been a steady message creep, and my personal view is that the BVB is now over-hyped in this respect.

I've no idea what proportion of BVB-buyers actually buy outright at the point when they require it, and how many top up in advance, or carry a more-than-adequate credit balance for renewal, but the description is simplistic, to say the least. Indeed, with first Data Rollover, and now Total Rollover, I can see no possible benefit to leaving purchase until the last minute, so these weasel words will be increasingly exposed as such.