Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Constant Dropping and slow speed

Onzmeister
2: Seeker

Hi,

So I am hoping that someone might have an idea rather than spend ages sitting on the phone... Been a customer for around 6 weeks, first 2 weeks great, however slowly getting worse now the constant dropping out, though this isnt always a short time, 10-15 minutes... We have 'Nest' cameras and I am always getting emails saying the camera has gone off line, hardly got this with BT.... But not just the camera's.... PS4, Apple TV, phones and iPads too... It's becoming all too much!

Not only that, signed up for 70gb speed, promised 62gb, tested again last night and only got 29! So not even that is close... Overall not very impressed and needs to be sorted, could be a very long 18 months!

I have already had to reset the router a couple of times when connection has gone for a while, even with this, I should have to keep doing it! 

What is wrong!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Onzmeister

ok, so still trying to fix myself given it's drops every 10-15 minutes tonight - I have tried splitting the band in to 2.4 and 5 rather the single - no difference....

I done another speed test, less than 30gb on a promise of over 60gb. Cant really do an online chat as I will keep getting cut off!

Please fix this Vodafone! What will it take :Sad_face: 

I'm having the same problem, but it's been a week since I was activated. I was told initially it was because the first few days they test the line and to call back after 5 days. Called back, then told it's because my devices are on the wrong wifi channel and it's trial and error where I have to log into the router to change to many channels. Tried this, worked on my 5g devices up to 48mbps, but 2.4 it's under 10. Now the 5g is down to 10, no matter what channel the 2.4 is it's under 10. At some times it cuts out completely and I have no internet. Only been 10 days since sign up. 

@CORINNA1wrote:

I'm having the same problem, but it's been a week since I was activated. I was told initially it was because the first few days they test the line and to call back after 5 days. Called back, then told it's because my devices are on the wrong wifi channel and it's trial and error where I have to log into the router to change to many channels. Tried this, worked on my 5g devices up to 48mbps, but 2.4 it's under 10. Now the 5g is down to 10, no matter what channel the 2.4 is it's under 10. At some times it cuts out completely and I have no internet. Only been 10 days since sign up. 

My experience of Vodafone:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Shambolic-speeds-0-5mbit-s-to-8mbit-s-on-74mbit...

Having experienced everything I did, i was fortunate to leave within the 30 days cooling off period. Terrible service and awful support throughout.

If you want better connectivity unfortunately you'll need to leave Vodafone and I'd advise doing so sooner than later while still in cooling off.

My internet via BT is infinitely better:

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Onzmeister @CORINNA1 I'm sorry to hear that you're both having similar problems and apologise for any inconvenience that's been caused.

We'll be more than happy to investigate both of these cases further and help you get up to speed. So we can do this I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch.