Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to Upgrade to Fibre Boradband

Stuart_Little
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying to upgrade my Broadband for nearly a month now... Here's a breif overview:

Early March (around 7th) - Informed that order to upgrade is placed and it will be active on Superfast 2 within 48 hours...

3 Days later - Second phonecall: Informed that the order is still in process, but the "back-office" team are running behind, and it will be sorted within 3 days 

(Then have holiday)

Sunday 25th March - Phonecall 3, and told that Fibre is not available, despite Openreach website saying it is... this phone call lasted a long long long time with multiple employees none of whom had any clues about anything.

Monday 26th - 4th Phonecall and some twitter messages - Eventually find out that the Cabinet which was upgraded to Fibre in February had reached Capacity and that Fibre was in the area, but due to the capacity issue I can't upgrade until it is fixed. 

I open a query with Open reach regarding this, and look at other ISP's which also state that Fibre is not available to order yet.

Today (4th April) - Received Email from Openreach which states that the Capacity issues have been fixed, and the cabinet is once again able to accept new orders for Fibre.

Check a few ISP websites, and Every single one is accepting Fivre orders for my address..

EXCEPT VODAFONE - Who still say it is Unavailable.....

Start an Online chat with Vodafone, and the adviser says it is available and gives me the phone number for the upgrade team..

Ring upgrade team - Can't upgrade ..... ARGH

Contact BT - Yes, Fibre is avaiable to order .... 

So Why is Vodafone not letting me uppgrade ?????

This is getting very annoying

1 REPLY 1

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That does sound very frustrating @Stuart_Little and I completely understand your irritation.

Apologies that you're being given different information from different teams. So we can get to the bottom of this once and for all, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.