Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Do Vodafone staff actually check this?

waltdisnae
12: Established
12: Established

Do Vodafone staff only check this once a day? Do they ever follow up on questions to their original comments? 

4 REPLIES 4

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@waltdisnae Vodafone staff constanly monitor all of the boards and if you take a few minutes to read the boards you will see that they do follow up asking for progress from the poster if the poster has not posted back as to if the issue has been resolved.

Example: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-account-specific/IMIE-number-not-recognised-after-phone-s...

I think you are well aware I refer to the complete lack of a proper response to any of the issues people have brought up on this specific board. 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @waltdisnae

Personally I've been looking through many forums in regards to the recent iPhone launch. 

Seems like all the other iPhone launches communication could be better. 

The vodafone team do release announcements on here when the information is available. 

That said i understand the frustration when waiting for any news to hang onto. I recall it taking me over two weeks to purchase the iPhone 5s from Apple directly. I learnt from that frustrating experience and with the iPhone 6 Plus I opted to wait a few weeks  and then picked one up pretty easily. 

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It wouldn't take long for someone with a spreadsheet of typically asked questions in questions write a FAQ post  and pin it to the top which is standard procedure for support departments.

Look at the often quoted EE update page it answers many of the questions and issues occurring on this forum for the EE customers.

EE have shown the way and Vodafone have been shown up.

I think the Tech team possibly due to some of the issues reported on this forum with emails with promises which could not be met, with lack of communication to a large number of customers for days. With live chat and phone support staff from what people are posting just making up the information they supply with no facts to back their statements up it would appear.

I think Vodafones legal team have said don't say anything unless it has been ok'ed by them. Unfortunately, from my own experience, that means statements/announcments can grind to a halt and Legal experts will always err on the side of caution.

I don't want Vodafone fined or to become not as competitive as it affects us the customers chances of a good deal.

I recall the Iphone 5 launch and I think it was that launch or possibly the iphone 5s where Tom from the original eforum team (The manager I believe) put a statement which clarified a lot of the questions and allayed fears customers had about delays. Of course he wrote as anyone would that things were subject to change etc. But customers as they have

But customers as they have fedback in posts on this forum, prefer people within a company to be honest to them, say the situation is not ideal but here are the facts we do have and here are the estimates which of course might change for the better or worse due to the factors outside fo Vodafone's control.

It took almost a week to put estimated time of arrival on the tracking page,  a week in technology is a very long time and the Tech team announced today that they hope an information update page (I presume the dead link I was informed about by the tech team today) will go live soon, a week and a day later but no eta. Yet a major rival has had an update page with useful information up for a number of days with multiple substantial updates useful to their customers.

Also the Iphone 5 on my account was preordered to be delivered to terminal 5 Heathrow store and due to security check required the phones took a day longer to be delivered to the store not a problem as the issue was communicated to us and once available we were informed and invited to pop down.

Communication is key especially if things are not going to happen as the customer might expect.