Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

FEC Corrections

MrTAToad
4: Newbie

Since moving to Vodafone from PlusNet, I've noticed that there are a lot of FEC upload errors - currently it is 39 downstream, and 23,675 upstream.

As I've got the 1 socket new VDSL socket, there are no filters to change, so was wondering what else could be causing the problem.

I think this is causing a reduction in speed (I was getting around 70Mbps with PlusNet), and currently I'm getting around 56.9Mbps, especially as the link type has been changed to Interleaved Path.

If possible, I think the line could do with a thorough check...

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @MrTAToad

The best way to discuss this further is to call our Technical Broadband Team on 08080 034 515 and we will help you further. 

Louise

Hello

Was supposed to receive either phone call back or email to see if there was anything that could be done about the FEC errors, which are currently :

Indicator nameDownstreamUpstream

FEC Corrections4251249943
CRC Error14561

Whilst the link speed is 68.1Mbps (and should be higher), the BT OpenWorld speed test produces rather worrying results of :

Downspeed : 21.10 Mbps and upload of 9.89Mbps

The thinkbroadband speed tester also confirms1474461666696087055_2.png

Have spoken to someone on the phone, as apparently there was a firmware update.  There is certainly now fewer errors.  However, speed tests, whilst much better at 51Mbps now, could do with being a bit better.

Chrisjoel182
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I also have a high fec and a very bad upstream speed 800k.

From reading several posts I understand this is likely a firmware issue on the router. 

Can you send me a pm on how to resolve.

Thankyou.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Chrisjoel182 The best team to contact would be our Broadband team either via Live Chat, or on phone by calling 08080 034 515 for Home Broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

They'll be able run diagnostics on your line and advise you of any firmware updates that may be available.

Please pop back and let us know what they advise.