Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Firmware Update SureSignal V1

cggardiner
4: Newbie

Hello

I gather I need a firmware update for this box..Will not connect phones

3 green solid lights. Good network speed and connection. All required ports opened.

Serial is 21229792029  Sagem Box

Resync successful.. but still no comnnection to phones

Thanks... in hope..

cggardiner

38 REPLIES 38

Hi,

I rang last week about my sure signal not working and it still is not working with any of the phones registered.

I have a V1 Sure Signal, there are 3 steady lights showing 1, 2 and 4.  I have lost count of the number of times I have reset it.  Phones are Samsung Galaxy S3's.  Broadband speed is excellent and able to run HD video with no problems.

Serial number of Sagem box is 21227849391

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi crazygolfer,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

cggardiner - I've resynced your Sure Signal, please try another rest.

Thanks

Sukhi

Hello

As before this goes for the 1st 7 hops.. which I undestand from previuos posts is OK

Ping and speed reults all as previous..and I understand all registered on your system.

You ask for REST  or sue you mean re-set??

Please advise

Many thanks

CGG

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

c:\>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     4 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.3.1
  2    20 ms    17 ms    18 ms  79-79-96-1.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com [79.79.96.1]
  3    21 ms    20 ms    20 ms  85-210-254-81.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com [85.210.254
.81]
  4    22 ms    20 ms    21 ms  85-210-254-62.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com [85.210.254
.62]
  5    23 ms    22 ms    22 ms  host-78-144-11-135.as13285.net [78.144.11.135]
  6    41 ms    22 ms    23 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  7    27 ms    22 ms    23 ms  85.205.0.86
  8     *     ^C
c:\>

Apologies..

I have picked up the post intended for crazygolfer!!  My issue still outstanding..

Apologies..

CGG

Hi CGG,

Sukhi's post should have said reset.

The Sure Signal contacted the servers on Sunday evening.

As you had issues last week, it might be worth trying the Sure Signal at a different location, with a different ISP.

Hi crazygolfer,

The ISP is fine.

You're on the old firmware, so I've asked for the latest to be pushed out.

This will be done over the next few hours and during that time, please don’t unplug or reset the device.

You’ll lose use of the Sure Signal for about an hour whilst it’s updated.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian,

I'm afraid that has made no difference, the sure signal has steady lights; 1, 2 & 4.  I have also reset it and my phone since the firmware upgrade.

Neither mine or my wifes phones are receiving a signal. I would ring 191 but I can't get a signal even outside which is why I bought the Sure Signal in the first place.

I know this is nothing to do with you and I apologise but I shouldn't have to put up with all these issues from a company the size of Vodafone.  I am totally fed up with not being able to get a decent signal at home or at work when everyone around me on different networks have no problems at all.  My daughter is on O2 and receives a perfect signal all of the time, inside and outside of the house.

What is the next stage in the process?

Thanks

CG

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi crazygolfer,

The next step would be to test it at a different location preferably with a different ISP.

This will determine if the issues lies with the Sure Signal or your set-up at home.

Thanks,

Sukhi 

Sukhi,

Looks like my sure signal has been de-registered in the last couple of days because on checking the numbers registered there were none but last week there were 3.  I have now re-registered my sure signal and added mine and another number but they still don't work.

Details you requested are:

Download speed - 12.34 Mbps

Upload speed - 0.98 Mbps

Ping 32ms   Jitter 3ms

IP Address - 86.15.221.32

Unable to provide a trace route - kept receiving the following message - 212.183.133.177 is not recognised as an internal or external command.

Serial Number 21227849391

Thanks

CG

Anonymous
Not applicable

make sure you type tracert 212.183.133.177  and then press enter (the space between the command tracert and the IP is vital otherwise Windows won't interpret the command properly and it'll fail with that error)