Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

For help about 4G+ icon

wyjpost
2: Seeker

When I enter a 4G+ covered area,is always my smartphone(supporting 4G+) displaying 4G+ icon automatically? If not,I want to know when is my smartphone displaying 4G+ icon in a 4G+ covered area.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your S6 will only show 4G+ if in a 4G+ area and using both frequencies. And when idle ONLY the 4G icon should show.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

For 4G to work the following needs to be compliant. 

The phone is 4G Compliant. 

Its internal 4G frequencies work on the Vodafone 4G spectrum. 

The Sim Card itself is not pre Micro or Nano Sim size. 

A person is on a 4G Tariff. 

The area a person is visiting has the 4G Signal available. 

If the above criteria is met and 4G is turned on in the phones settings which is normally found where your Mobile Data settings are found then the phone will seek out the strongest signal thus if 4G is the strongest then it will choose that.

During a phone call the phone would drop from 4G to 3G or under as currently calling over 4G is not supported by Vodafone. 

Frequencies used on the Vodafone UK network. 

Frequency Protocol Class. 

900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
1800 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ 3G
2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ 3G
800 MHz LTE 4G
2600 MHz LTE Advanced 4G

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.

But May I Know if My phone(supported LTE Advanced) shows 4G+ icon in the screen when I enter in a LTE Advanced network.

If my phone can shows 4G+ icon in a LTE-A network, Are my phone 4G + icons always displayed or when there is data service request show?

BandOfBrothers

Your phone will automatically show the correct symbol in its status bar to what is available via the Network in way of 4G Service in the area your visiting. 

Lte wouldn't be displayed. 

4G would. 

Information links. 

4G LTE Advanced (3 times faster than standard 4G)

http://www.4g.co.uk/vodafone-4g-network-summary/

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/4g-network/#coverage_checker

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Vodafone-4G/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

wyjpost

Hi,

I have one question for help,thank you.

Is My phone(supported 4G+) always displayed 4G+ icon or showed 4G+ icon just the Scell is activing when I enter a 4G+ covered area  ?

You will have to be in a 4G+ area. Where abouts are you looking?

wyjpost

Hi,

I have one question for help.

Is there 4G+ icon displayed on my phone(Samsung S6) when I entered in a 4G+ covered area and  my phone is idle.

Thanks.

BR!

wyjpost

Thanks. But I am not sure. Does it means only my phone shows 4G+ icon when the scell(the secondary cell) is activating? Further,although under 4G+ covered area ,but my phone in the idle situation still shows 4G icon,right?

Your S6 will only show 4G+ if in a 4G+ area and using both frequencies. And when idle ONLY the 4G icon should show.