Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GU28 - Northchapel

simonhardcastle
4: Newbie

Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

This seems to be happening throughout the area

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

GU28 9EN

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes and my neighbours are having similar problems

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Dial a number and either:

Call connects then silence

or

Other party picks up and you can hear them and they can't hear you 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

2G and 4G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

This morning (2/8/17 10am

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Seems to be permanent at the moment

29 REPLIES 29

Yes—we found the Vodafone contact number just sends you into a loop of irrelevant advice about doing things online. No possibilty of speaking to a person. Ingenious and maddening.

I spoke with them on Friday. I rang 0333 040191 and spoke to some support person. They weren't very helpful and then transferred me to 'complaints' which was obviously accounts and was told that the problems we are having are caused by planned maintenance that starts next week! 

Thanks for the update and number :Smiling:

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@davidkerfoot @simonhardcastle @Lynda5 @cortenaz123

As mentioned in my earlier post, we are aware of this issue under INC3023023 and this is still being investigated.

I'm unsure why this issue isn't showing on our network status checker however please know we are aware of this and are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

I appreciate your patience during this time and do apologise for the inconvenience caused. 

Alex

Thanks for the update. 

The issue now seems to be resolved (we think it was fixed Monday 7th August in the afternoon/evening)

The main gripes that I had were, apart from you, who came back quickly with an incident number:

- the issue never turned up on the Vodafone network status page

- even if it had, there seems to be no way to track the progress of an ongoing incident

- MOST IMPORTANTLY - many people, including myself, telephone Vodafone and were fobbed of with excuses ranging from it's your phone (I have heard that at least 2 people bought new phones because of this), there is no problem to it's because of planned maintenance due to start next week (!! I kid you not, this happened to me). At no point did any of the support people seem to be aware of the ongoing incident.

It was really all a bit shambolic.

Hi Alex, I can confirm that the problem seems to be fixed. I also completely agree with Simon's comments.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@simonhardcastle @davidkerfoot I can see from the INC that work has now been completed in the area to rectify the coverage issues you were experiencing. The date on the resolution notes lines up to the date Simon has provided in the above post. 

It honestly still puzzles me as to why this didn't show up on our network status checker - if it did, you'd have been able to register for updates. 

I do apologise for the inconvenience of the issue and for any false information given to yourself or others by any Vodafone staff. 

However if you do need any help in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us on here. :smileyhappy:

Spoke too soon.  We are still having the same problem here. I can hear people when they call but they can't hear me.

This failure of Vodafone service is now beyond frustrating.  

1) it's now days we've been unable to make/receive calls on our Vodafone devices

2) I spent 90 minutes onto Vodafone last night to be given the run around and no useful information except they'd look into it

3) the Vodafone site STILL shows there are no incidents in this area - completely untrue as we have many friends/neighbours with the same problem

4) promised communication has failed to appear from Vodafone's technical engineers

5) some people reporting problems are being told there's no issue and their handset is at fault, others are being told there is an acknowledged fault (so why not shown on your incident site for coverage?), some are already being offered free months on their payment plan, others (including myself) nothing.

AND STILL WE HAVE NO RESOLUTION OR EVEN FORMAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF A PROBLEM

Time to look for a move away from Vodafone I think.

Alex

The Vodafone handling of this incident is entirely unacceptable.  

We've been days now without ability to make/receive calls.

Vodafone don't even acknowledge the issue on the network coverage area of the site despite many people in our locality reporting the same issue

Some people have been told it's their device/phone - yet multiple people are affected (using different devices) AND if we leave the area we can make/receive calls as normal.

I reported the issue last night (Online chat) and was promised contact - none has happened.

Some people have been offered compensation and yet others have been told there's no fault - when there clearly is.

If you think this is acceptable it is not.