Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Ace 3 - won't turn on flickers

RebeccaMcCarthy33
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I have a Galaxy Ace 3, I've noticed the battery has been draining quite fast today it turneditself off after running out of charge and now when I attempt to charge it the phone vibrates then the screen turns on and starts to flicker but the phone doesdn't boot ( tried with USB via PC and charger).

I've tried taking the battery out, but it still seems broken. Normally at this point I'd go back to the shop and see if I could try another battery or charger but unfortuantly I got the phone from Phones4u.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it ? if not what are my options for getting the phone serviced? I got it early Jan this year so I guess I'm still under warranty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

In the first instance, I'd suspect a dead battery.   If you put it on a flat surface, can you rock it?   Dead batteries often swell and that's a quick test - though it's not conclusive of no problem if it doesn't.

I'm not quite clear whether you've tried starting the phone with the charger connected, though I also suspect that it still runs of the battery even while it's charging (rather than directly from the charger).   In the first instance, I'd try a new battery.  The quickest place to get them is from eBay.  Don't buy the very cheapest - if you pay around £10 and stick to a UK-based seller you should be OK.

If that doesn't fix it and it's less than a year old, your Samsung warranty should still apply.  Lithium-based batteries really don't like being allowed to go completely flat so, if you've done that on a regular basis, it could have shortened the life.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

In the first instance, I'd suspect a dead battery.   If you put it on a flat surface, can you rock it?   Dead batteries often swell and that's a quick test - though it's not conclusive of no problem if it doesn't.

I'm not quite clear whether you've tried starting the phone with the charger connected, though I also suspect that it still runs of the battery even while it's charging (rather than directly from the charger).   In the first instance, I'd try a new battery.  The quickest place to get them is from eBay.  Don't buy the very cheapest - if you pay around £10 and stick to a UK-based seller you should be OK.

If that doesn't fix it and it's less than a year old, your Samsung warranty should still apply.  Lithium-based batteries really don't like being allowed to go completely flat so, if you've done that on a regular basis, it could have shortened the life.

Hi thanks for this, I ordered a new battery and it's now working again. Samsung did eventually get in touch with me so I may see if they will replace the battery as it's still just about within it's warranty.

Thanks again.

hrym

You may find that the warranty on the battery is only 6 months.   However, as there have been a few issues with Samsung batteries recently (not affecting the Ace afaik, admittedly), they may be a bit more flexible.  No ask, no get!