Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 8 M8 - difficulty in starting

JRR
4: Newbie

I've had my HTC 8 for about 18 months and it has been fine.  Lately, however, it has been very slow to start.  I have had hold the button for long periods (over a minute) on several occasions before it would come to life.  Just before writing this I spent 15 minutes trying to start it without success and then as I was about to start typing the phone sprang into life without me touching it!

I have tried holding down the + volume button at the sane time as the start button, but this did not make any difference.  

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, is there a solution?  Presumably the HTC is out of the guarantee period by now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The phone will have a two year guarantee so you will be able to get it repaired. Either Vodafone can do that or HTC directly.

Remember to take off the back cover, remove the battery, sim and any memory cards before you send it off anywhere.

Look at this link:

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Protecting-your-device/Repairs/

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

jeffkinn

The phone will have a two year guarantee so you will be able to get it repaired. Either Vodafone can do that or HTC directly.

Remember to take off the back cover, remove the battery, sim and any memory cards before you send it off anywhere.

Look at this link:

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Protecting-your-device/Repairs/

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thank you and also the others who were kind enough to reply to my query. 

I went online to Vodafone and was advised to take the phone to my local Vodafone shop which I did this morning. The assistant there couldn't get it to start either so it has been sent off for repair. 

I should get get it back in a week or so. 

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @JRR

I know that being without your phone can be abit of pain :Sad_face: however I can assure you that our technical team will assess the problem with your device and fix it as soon as possible.

All the best, please keep us informed :Smiling:

Louise

Just to update you on this matter.  I took my phone to the local Vodafone shop on a Thursday and it was sent away for repair.  I was given a courtesy phone to use in the interim.  On the following Monday I received a text message saying my phone was ready for collection from the Vodafone shop.  When I visited the shop I was told the phone could not be repaired or could not be repaired in the time available and I was given a replacement.  

My original phone was unlocked.  I've applied for the unclock code for this one and I'm hoping they won't query the fact that the number is the same but realise the IMEI number is different.

BandOfBrothers

They should update your account information with the new imei details. If not live chat or customer service on 191 can. 

To note unlocking is now free for payg and contract too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @JRR

Sometimes a Factory Reset / Hard Reset can help when a phone is glitching. 

Make a backup beforehand to preserve the data in the phones storage memory. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @JRR

Ahh - this sounds odd!

I suggest following the advise given by other members of the forum by rebooting the device to remove any glitches.

If this doesn't improve the device performance please contact our team regarding a repair - see here

Louise