cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 No Service - "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network"

Paffman
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi all,

I recently bought a new PAYG VF sim with the £30 bundle for my HTC One M8. I used my PAC from 02 to port my business number over to this sim last Thursday... ever since then I have had no signal. I left it over the weekend and contacted VF on the Monday four days from porting. I was told to wait another 24hrs. I did so but still no signal, so I went into town to the VF store where they gave me a new sim and put my ported number on it. They said that the porting had completed OK. I left the store and waited another 24hrs. (this has now been 6 days now without a phone which I use for my business).

I went back to the VF store again today and the guy tried my sim in his phone... it worked and his sim in my phone... it didn't work. So he said that it was a problem with my phone. The thing is that it worked fine with the new VF sim and then didn't work after the porting process...

I have tried various things/tips/advice from the internet with no luck. When I try to register on the VF network it tells me that the sim will not allow it !!

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks,
Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Device: HTC One M8

23 REPLIES 23

Still no contact/resolution from Vodafone, shame on you... 

I am just going round and round in circles and Vodafone does not seem to care.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paffman - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

Hi Jenny,

Believe me I have tried and tried to contact you but I never ever get a result. You don't ring back when you say and live chat just point me to ring you again.... repeat. I have replied to your PM and got an email saying that he had tried to ring me !  HELLO I HAVE NO SIGNAL...!

I have not had a working phone since the port-in on 11th May, it is ridiculous.

If I go into town next week, will the guys there be able to make sense of it?
I am really desperate to get it working now.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paffman

If the team were unable to reach you by phone, they should have sent a reply by email instead. Have you received a reply?

If you pop in store, they'll be able to swap the SIM for you to see if this resolves the issue. 

Why in the heck do you keep trying to ring when you clearly know (if you have read this thread) that I HAVE NO SIGNAL since port-in??

Of course it will go to voicemail that must be obvious, isn't it??

I have had two email saying that "sorry I tried to ring you...."     Doh :smileymad:

Yes I have replied to two emails from you.... you didn't reply to them.

I have been in store and had a new sim with my number put on it.... no change.

I will be going into a store next week and I an not coming out until this has been fixed. It has been 10 days now since you ported my number and caused all this. I am very, very annoyed over this.

I was told by someone from live chat that there is an issue caused by the port-in and that I should ring customer care and ask for the port-in team. I did and was told that they were busy and they would ring me back in ten minutes........ you didn't ring !! I have had enough now, I have been nice over something that YOU caused, but now it is time to take matters into my own hands as you clearly are unable to know what the left hand has told the right... you should have delt with this much earlier... social media here we come.

See attached live chat transcript.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paffman

The team working your email may not have read this thread. They'll have used the information you provided in your email. 

What’s your reference number (#15xxxxx) from the automated response? We’ll chase this up for you.

Thanks...

[#16061997]

I am going into town tomorrow to visit the Vodafone store, I assume that they will be able to sort this mess out?

If not this will be forwarded to Watchdo and Rip off Britain, I can't see anything else that I can do...

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paffman

I can see the team have received your latest message and they'll reply by email as soon as possible.

As a SIM swap didn't resolved the issue, the store won't be able to get everything sorted for you there and then. They'll be able to help connect you to the Porting team so they can help.

I will have to leave the phone there then, maybe it can be sent away t be looked at. I was working fine until the porting.

Steve

Well I have found out why my phone has no signal since you ported a number over....... And I just don't beleive it.... I have just been down to a Vodafone store and it turns out that when VF ported my number over, they put my phone on the blacklist as lost or stolen!!!!!!

Ha Ha, very funny.............NOT!

The guy in store has sent you an email to get it off the blacklist. So, so you think that you could do that?