cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC One M8 No Service - "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network"

Paffman
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi all,

I recently bought a new PAYG VF sim with the £30 bundle for my HTC One M8. I used my PAC from 02 to port my business number over to this sim last Thursday... ever since then I have had no signal. I left it over the weekend and contacted VF on the Monday four days from porting. I was told to wait another 24hrs. I did so but still no signal, so I went into town to the VF store where they gave me a new sim and put my ported number on it. They said that the porting had completed OK. I left the store and waited another 24hrs. (this has now been 6 days now without a phone which I use for my business).

I went back to the VF store again today and the guy tried my sim in his phone... it worked and his sim in my phone... it didn't work. So he said that it was a problem with my phone. The thing is that it worked fine with the new VF sim and then didn't work after the porting process...

I have tried various things/tips/advice from the internet with no luck. When I try to register on the VF network it tells me that the sim will not allow it !!

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks,
Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Device: HTC One M8

23 REPLIES 23

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paffman Do you know which team the adviser at the store sent the email across to? 

Sorry I have no idea, if you ring the Ipswich store and ask for Ryan he can tell you.

I expect my phone to be off the blackist and have a signal within 48hrs.

I trust that things are progressing towards my phone being removed from the blacklist that you put it on when you ported my number over from 02. I expect to have a working phone with signal by 10:30 tomorrow as that is the 48hr period that the Vodafone shop guy said that it would take.

Please confirm that this is so...

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Paffman We'll need to look into this further, please contact us using the private message I've sent.