Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC mini 2 - always breaking

cascar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I changed to the HTC one mini 2 in late November 2014. By January 2015 it was constantly coming up with error messages and freezing on the start up screen and had been back to the vodafone shop at least 3 times to be fixed. It finally got sent away and i was sent a replacement phone. A month later, this phone begins to play up as well and have been in the vodafone shop 3 or 4 more times, and was in the shop today as i can no longer sync any of my accounts meaning i have no contacts in my phone or anything else. And some of my apps have stopped working or disappeared all together, including my clock, internet and calender. When i went in, i was told to come on this and see if i can get any answers and that i should be able to switch phones to a toatlly different brand/model as this one is proving to be utterly useless and unfunctional. It's really infuriating as i have had this phone for around 6 or 7 months and has been in repairs for a whole month and problematic or unfunctional for at least 2-3 months. Also, have tried software updating as it is stuck on a pretty old version of software but it won't even give me the option to do so...

41 REPLIES 41

I will try this also. So, my third handset which I got on September 9th, and today google maps won't install, gmail won't install and error message 'uid inconsistent error' so I guess its just a matter of time before, well, you all know the rest!!

So, EricChester, Chez D, Wayne and Sukhi of the Vodafone tech team, why were you prepared to continue to tell us there was nothing wrong? I conclude that you did no checking, made no enquiries and looked at no evidence but simply wanted us and the issue to go away. Nice.

Hi All,

I understand that you have been advised in store that this is a known fault with the HTC mini 2, however as we have not had this confirmed by HTC themselves we can only offer to repair the device.

If this is a known fault, the manufacturer will be able to confirm this for you.

Thanks for your note Eric. Some points:

- Vodafone could replace handsets with a different make, but they choose not to. This is not the same as "can't".

- we have no legal or contractual relationship with HTC. It is irrelevant to us what HTC say or do. Vodafone has sole responsibility to customers for compliance with consumer protection law.

I find this whole saga, your initial denials and then "nothing to do with us" responses deeply irritating.

Eric, Vodafone are the ones with all the stats on just how many people have issues with this phone.  A serious company would replace the handsets for its customers, no questions asked, and take up the issue with HTC.  I certainly will not be renewing my contract with Vodafone so, not only are you wasting money every time these phones go through the "repair" procedure, but you will be losing customers due to the appalling customer service.  Its really a no brainer.  To quote your CEO in a recent interview: “The first thing to say is that customers really shouldn’t notice anything, other than that everything just works”.  This actually reads like a joke after my experience!

This is interesting, from the moneysavingexpert forum:

'I phoned up HTC, and the replacement phone (which Vodafone had assured me was brand new) has in fact, been in for repair before. They had all the notes (based on the IMEI code) from a previous official repair where the screen, the speaker and the microphones where all replaced. So, this supposed new phone they gave me in store was a faulty one to start with!'

Maybe we all have each others dodgy refurbished handsets! Just puuting it out there!

I have just had a callback from a Vodafone Manager in customer relations and she has just sent me a text confirming our conversation:

'As per our conversation, please note that in case you provide 3 ref. numbers for three attempts to fix your phone for the same fault within the last 4 months, then you will be able to exchange the phone for a different make and model worth of the same current value of your handset.'

Obviously, when the phone packs in I probably won't be able to acess my messages. She did say she has put the notes on my file. From our conversation she made it sound likke this was standard policy.

Anyway, my current handset would need to break down within the next 5 weeks (which is highly likely), for me to be within this 4 month period. If it breaks down outside of this I will still be pursuing a claim in breach of Sale of Goods Act.

I also today sent an email to the CEO regarding issues with the handset with a link to the forum. Maybe he will post a reply!

My 4th HTC one mini is having its first signs of failing after less than 1 week, with poor responses, apps failing and updates not working!  As said in this thread perhaps we are just getting each others phones!  I am still waiting for a reply from Vodafone in Newbury, my letter was signed for at Vodafone at 08:33 on Wednesday 14th October, so thats 10 days now with no reply or acknowledgement.  Poor in so many ways

pauljeff39
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
The issue is Vodafone are providing us with faulty phones, wether HTC admit it or not is irrelevant. You are selling the public with phones that are not fit for purpose. Look at the various forums, blogs, social media etc. I am on my fourth HTC one mini, and it is not an isolated case.

matt_085
4: Newbie
Your phone sounds like Vodafone on this forum: slow responses, failing to answer questions and not updating us. :Winking_smiley: