main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Huawei G300 - charging problems

2: Seeker

I have been having a strange problem for a couple of weeks now. While charging the phone, the battery level:

- jumps around all over the place, going from 9% to 67% in a couple of minutes, staying there for another few minutes, then falling back to something like 8%. I managed to charge it to 60% before I went to work, and not 5 minutes after I left it was down at 45% (I'm not sure if this was down to the battery level actually decreasing that much, or if it was a false percentage from the start).

- switches the charging on and off rapidly. This is especially annoying if I'm low on power, since it will beep to indicate low power everytime it switches off - so around once a second until it actually starts charging, which can take a few minutes and a lot of fiddling around.

- drains the battery while still plugged in to charge. One minutes it will say "Charging (65%)" and the next minute it will say "Charging (59%)".

Is this a problem with my charger, or my phone? I have tried charging both in the wall and in my USB port in my laptop. Could it be the cable that needs replacing?

I'd be grateful for answers.

View more options
1 REPLY
Community Champion (Retired)
I was getting something a little like that, though nothing like as drastic. I felt it was the battery, bought a replacement, and things promptly settled down.

However, it seems rather less clear-cut in your case. If you are getting the same whether you use the mains charger or the USB port, then it's unlikely to be a charger problem, but it could be that the cable has become damaged, especially the mini (or do I mean micro?) USB plug. Getting a replacement should be easy and inexpensive - in my local small supermarket they've got an excellent selection of leads and connectors!

Annie.
View more options