Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei G300 "No updates available" - looking for ICS

thirdorder
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I checked for updates on my phone today, I got "No updates are available". I'm on Gingerbread (U8815V100R001C02B895) and expected to see the ICS upgrade.

Do I have to wait for my phone to check automatically?

52 REPLIES 52

Ah ok thanks , so by sticking to my vodafone g300 Im basically stuck in the dark ages, that sucks , Think I'll be getting a new phone and due to the lack of support in the way of updates as most of the apps I want to use require 4.0 ,I will not be buying anything that involves vodafone in the future , to be honest I epected more from such a reputable (laughs) company ,but thank you for your fast reply.  

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member

I will tell you now due to the phones age it's not worth updating the firmware to ICS.

As it's out of warranty (well I assume it is) it could be worth looking modding the phone but we can't talk about it here

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

hooker1uk

The only reason I say stick with gingerbread is this:(i think namedropping is ok as I'll not link to the content)
The modding community see GBExtreme to be the best and most stable rom out there bar stock GB due to the limited ram and cpu speed

I've used every rom avaliable online for the device and most have problems, none are perfect. (the most stable ICS roms are stock+ and  infusion rom with xperia launcher) many have camera glitches, or extreme battery drain. 

If you end up using a custom rom you need to unlock the bootloader, the unnoficial methods breaks the 3g radio stack requiring a reboot. there is ways around this but again I can't really say here (PM for info)

the other thing is said forums have official versions of ICS avaliable (well they did), but will wipe the device clean as they are emergency recovery zips, requiring certan keypresses, folders and files to be placed on the sdcard to boot to this mode. 

IF you want a hand pm me i'll lead the way, the reason VF can't do much is down to huawei and how they handle updates. (I had this discussion with huawei last year) 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.