Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming international calls

SssO
2: Seeker
My friend who lives in UK is a vodafone client on Pay monthly. If I'm calling him from Europe will he be charged when he receives my call? I'm client of mobile operator in my country.
6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @SssO

Mobile companies do not charge for receiving an incoming call on the home network.

There would however, be the standard charge for calling an international number from the UK.

SssO
Well apparently he is being charged. He just messaged me that Vodafone is charging him for receiving my calls.

AnnS

It is not possible for a mobile operator to make a charge for receiving an incoming call on the home network, Vodafone UK.  The only time a charge is made for receiving a call is when roaming on a foreign network.

Your friend need to check that he has Vodafone UK as the operator on the phone.  

@SssO

If your friend is a Vodafone UK customer being charged to receive incoming calls on his home network whilst in the UK on the home network, he needs to contact Customer Services and find out what is happening.

More than likely, he is using an overseas network SIM, roaming on Vodafone UK and being charged by his operator.

SssO
Yes, he has Vodafone UK. And they charge him. I don't remember how much he said but it was 15p or 25p per minute!!!!

jeffkinn

Whatever your friend is being charged for, it isn't for receiving a phone call. 

Receiving a call is always free no matter where the call comes from in the world.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SssO I'm happy to confirm that your friend won't be charged for recieving calls internationally whilst in the UK.

If he's unsure what he's being charged for, he can always get in touch with Live Chat.