Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect broadband speed

Trobb95
2: Seeker

I'm paying for 76mbps and I'm only receiving this, my minimum gaurunteed is 55mbps

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Has at least 30 days passed since your activation date ? If not then it can take that for things to settle. 

Connections via WiFi will also be slower. 

You would have to check Vodafone T&C’s about speeds but I not sure speeds are guaranteed. 

Im with BT Infinity 1 and it’s not often I have the speeds they state I may get which I believe is covered in their T&C’s. So many things can affect speeds unfortunately. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Stacey87

Hi Trobb, 

Unfortunately BandofBrothers is right - speeds over WiFi aren't guaranteed (not just with Vodafone, but all ISPs). There are a lot of environmental factors that can impact on it, but there's also decent troubleshooting you can try.

(I've just spend a good few minutes trying to find it to copy/paste from a Vodafone employee on another thread, but can't!)

Basically though, if you log into the router settings at 192.168.1.1 (password vodafone), you want you put yourself in expert mode.

Click WiFi, then split SSID. You'll need to give the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz different names, so they show up separately in your network settings. After saving that, if you click settings in the left-hand menu, you can also change WiFi channels. Rather than going in blind, if you download a WiFi analyser app, it'll scan your surroundings and recommend the best channels.

It's definitely worth trying - for example, I'm on Fibre76, I think my minimum guaranteed speed is about 60Mbs. Out of interest, I just ran speed tests over WiFi on my mobile sitting in front of the router, and got 28Mbs on 2.4Ghz, compared to 57Mbs on 5Ghz.

I hope this helps, just give me a shout if you need a hand :Smiling:

So it's been just over a week since I switched from vodafone 38mb fibre optic to the 76mb pacakge, ive tried sitting right infront of my router on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz and both are showing the same speeds which is only 3mb more than my 38mb package was giving me, one trouble I have is that my router on the default gateway says it's only receiving 45.9mb download and 10.6mb upload even tho they told me I will receive a minimum gaurunteed download of 55mb and upload of 15mb, when I joined my 38mb package I had no issues and it was showing on the vdsl part that it was giving the right amount but this time it seems like I'm receiving the exact same package.

Thankyou for your suggestions but it didn't change anything for what my router is putting out

Ahhh, if your actual sync rate is below minimum then fair play, that definitely needs to go to the Vodafone tech team for investigation! 

Ahh i didn't realise it's called sync rate or I'd have put that as my subject yes my sync rates only on 45.9 but I'm paying for 76mbps 

Ok so I've spoken to vodafone live support and they where really useful he ran some tests and got me to run some tests on my end and as it turns out there is some technical issues with the by open reach cabinet outside my house and they are sending out a engineer in the next 48 hours who will get in contact with me and then my broadband should be running to what I'm paying for, thankyou for your help guys :Smiling:

Brilliant, hope it's fixed nice and quick for you! 

Thankyou so do I as I've never had a issue with vodafone:)

30 days for the line speed to settle? Thought it was 10 days? I connected last week for up to 76mb. Have been running speed tests over the last couple of days and have been only hitting 40mb. Signed into the router page also and only getting 44mb. Disappointing.