Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3565 With Linux

CRAJ
Not applicable
Hi, bought the the mobile broadband dongle then found its geared for use with windows.
Is it possible to get it to work with Linux?

Cheers Colin.
2 REPLIES 2

bacupian
4: Newbie
Hi, bought the the mobile broadband dongle then found its geared for use with windows.
Is it possible to get it to work with Linux?

Cheers Colin.

I have a k3520 used on eeepc from Ubuntu 9.04

Maybe best asking on betavine site for the Linux version of VMC.

I couldn't get VMC working from Ubuntu and on 8.10 the default NetworkManager picked up
the dongle and was ok. On 9.04 it worked for a while but I eventually gave up and copied my
/etc/ppp from NetBSD and changed the device ttyU0 to equivalent ttyUSB0 on Ubuntu and
that worked straight off and was working ok from pub on Friday. However Vodafone seem to
change their system at will and this weeks settings may not work next week. Also http
downloads via vodafone often get corrupted going through their system. They guarantee
nothing, no probably they don't guarantee that either.

:-)

David

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey CRAJ, and welcome to our community!

Hot topic this one, and great advice from Bacupian - BetaVine is a great resource for Linux enthusiasts and users alike - they're one of our R&D departments. Why not head over and have a look at what drivers and support they offer?

If you need anything else, please ask - if we can't answer, I'm sure one of our community can (like here :) )

Daz

eForum Team

PS... have you seen our Online Services? Why not sign up for Online Billing and see how easy it is to live paper-free! It's simple and fast register - and might save you a call next time :)

If you've got a spare minute and wouldn't mind, please click the feedback link in my signature to let us know how we're doing - your opinions really count!