Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LGFlex 2 overheating and random restart issues

whizzy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Currently having issues with my LG Flex 2 overheating and restarting to the point it wouldnt even turn on! So visited a vodafone store and had my device sent in for repair. It came back from repair with a letter...and this made me laugh. Software update....always make sure you update your software to the current one available as this will solve most issues.....my phone wouldnt even turn on! And my phone checks automatically for software updates anyhow. The letter also said my phone is fixed. Im hoping my phone stays on long enough to type this.........well my phone still has all the same issues as before. Just visited a Vodafone store today only to be told that it would need to be sent in for repair. To which I told them why on earth would I want to do that again seeing as the last time the faults werent sorted out. They asked me "well what do want us to do?" i replied and said under the Consumer Rights Act October 2015 I have the right to have a replacement. Their response was we can send it off and have another LG Flex 2 sent out. They didnt have a courtesy phone I could have either so no phone! I replied and said why would i want to have a replacement phone with known hardware issues to which LG have admitted to also. I have also spent over an hour to customer services pushed from on department to another (even back to a department i had already spoken too). This is totally ridiculous!! Vodafone you are quite happy to sign people up to 24 month contracts and take peoples money but not prepared to sort issues a customer raises. Need to put phone down as getting to hot to hold..............lets see if i can continue to type before it shuts down......i am totally disgusted with how the consumer gets treated in this situation. If a product is faulty we have a right to a replacement wether it be like for like or something similar spec. Vodafone step up and take respons
1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If LG say this is a known issue, I'd be inclined to go direct to them.  They're more likely to give you a replacement.   Vodafone may not have the authority to do this and may have to go down the repair route.  Some overheating issues are software related, so an update on that isn't unreasonable.   Even if there isn't a later version, a reinstallation can refresh things a great deal.