Ask

Solution

Loss of speed

Hoddsy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. 

Had VF fibre for about 8 months now. 

It started off great, good speeds.  But now the last 3-4 weeks it has gone completely down hill. 

As of tonight (8pm) my download speed is 0.07mbs. Can’t load web pages, let alone stream Netflix. 

I really hope my only option isn’t to change provider. 

Can a mod point me to how to contact the broadband team.  

17 REPLIES 17

Ive had many issues myself.

First off check the sync speed of the VDSL conection. If should be 79. If its not, then that indicates its a fault with the connection between router and the internet line to vodafones network.

If it is 79, then do a speedtest over lan(assuming you havent done so).

If its synced below 79 then you may need to try something else. 

It always synchs at 56.2 at router, I get 52.6 at the PC, min guarantee speed is 52.7.

I got same speed as when I was with BT  they say my line is unstable so dslam is set low, its not I have had 73mb and a constant 69mb, but they won't reset it. Slow speeds after 6pm is horrible. 

IndecisiveDave
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Same here - paying for 76Mb fibre, currently getting 1.91Mb even though my sync speed shows at 79999mbps. Guess that's how Vodafone intend on wriggling out of paying compensation for their speed guarantee.

Thankfully my contract is up at the end of the month as I can't wait to leave this shoddy service.

Yeh, vodafone most likely have gotten too many people at your area. Virgin did the same hence why i switched to vodafone. But it always depends on your area unfortunatly.  But ideally an engineer should re-wire it to get atleast the sync fixed. And VDSL should always be synced at 79.99 regardless of your actual speed.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@IndecisiveDave It's disappointing to hear you're not getting the speeds you're expecting and we'd hate to see you go 😢

We'd be happy to forward your query to our Broadband team for further investigation. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, if you'd like us to take a look into these slow speeds you're experiencing.

@TJwrote:

@IndecisiveDave It's disappointing to hear you're not getting the speeds you're expecting and we'd hate to see you go 😢

We'd be happy to forward your query to our Broadband team for further investigation. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, if you'd like us to take a look into these slow speeds you're experiencing.

TJ, 

I think your team may be blind to the infinite loop you present as a solution. The broadband team, have you ever spoke to them in any detail? They're utterly useless and recite the same garbage over and over "reset this, turn this off, try later and let us know" regardless of how much evidence you present.

Your customer services need a massive overhaul.

TJ,

Speeds are an absolute .joke today, up and down all over the place and mostly below 5Mbps. Support team are a waste of time as I will have already done the standard "Reboot your router and see if that helps".

I'm trying to work from home today but as the connection is so poor I can't connect to my workplace for long enough to access the network.

Sorry but I'm off to BT at the end of the month and as VF customer services are already aware it just seems like my connection is deliberately being slowed - or is that just me being synical....

Well I have not heard back from Tech2 in over a week, but today my router is synch at just over 60mb it's only ever hit 56.7  since day 1,  so I hope it will now rise, evening speeds have improved to.