Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Mobile Connect Lite won't connect except with popup

timfg
4: Newbie
I'm using Mobile Connect version 9.4.4.17702, which I had to install separately on my Windows 7 machine, as the version on my stick didn't work (and then had a huge support runaround from Vodafone, which they eventually removed from the forum - but that's another story...)

I'm finding that the software never connects from the main dialogue, once it's established the stick's presence and an available connection - if I hit connect, the popup will report 'connecting' - but never does, just keeps filling up the progress bar. I have to exit the software, restart it and then wait for the (different) popup to appear that reports a connection available - then click it quickly, before it disappears again: If I miss it, have to go through the same process again. Something of a pain (and consistently the case - 100%, always behaves like this)

Suggestions? And is there any way to replace the older version of the software on the stick with a newer one that will work under Win7 - it's a bit chicken and egg if I need to use the stick on a different machine which doesn't have the newer software, but can't download it because it doesn't have the newer software...

TIA...

timfg
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi timfg,

Can you tell us what model of modem you're using?

Also, have you been able to test the modem with another computer?

I would also recommend updating to the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Connect, which is 9.4.6, from this website.

Let me know how you get on :)

Jon

eForum Team