Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My new Freebee sim card isn't working

SaraM
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello there,

I bought a Freebee sim card last Saturday in a shop and since then I haven't been able to use it. I tried to call, send texts to see if it was working after 72 hours but still nothing.

I am in France at the moment and really need to get it sorted out as this is the number I'll use to contact or get contacted by employers in the UK.

When I log on to my account, I see that I have no credit remaining while I haven't used any credit yet! I also put the sim card in another smartphone but it isn't working either. I won't be back in the UK for the next few weeks.

Please can you help as it is really important I get a UK phone number? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Sara  

7 REPLIES 7

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Did you activate the sim when you purcased it, and get it working ok while you were in the UK?

How much credit do you think you should have on there?

I talked to an adviser who sent me a link to activate it and I clicked on the link but maybe there's something else I didn't do?? When I purchased the sim card in the shop, I was told it would take around 30 mns to activate but it didn't work in the UK at all. 

When you purchase a 10£ Freebee sim card, it means that I have a credit of 10£ right? On my account details I have all the credit since I haven't used it yet! So what is the problem?      

hrym
17: Community Champion

The best thing might be to go on LiveChat (see Contact Us below) and get them to do it for you.  I'm not familiar with the process of activating PAYG SIMs, but if it's anything like contract ones, there's a short form you need to fill in.  Last time I activated a SIM, I tried that and it didn't go well, but LiveChat got me sorted and it ws up and running by the time the session ended.

Thank you for the reply! They've been all busy since yesterday!! I've already talked to 2 advisers since last Sunday....so I guess I'll try again as I don't have much of a choice!

hrym

If you have no joy, the forum team here can probably help you.  Keep an eye on the thread as they'll pick up your post in due course and give you details of how to contact them.

I should have added previously: if it comes up as busy at first, keep the window open as it normally frees up reasonably quickly.

Thanks for the tips! 

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SaraM, 

If this still isn't sorted, take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay