Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New R212 MiFi Not Loading Pages On HSUPA

ramtab
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Team,

I have the new 4G Ready R212 MiFi device which switches all the time between 3G+ and HSUPA.

When on 3G+ browsing and performance is perfect, however when is switches to HSUPA I essentially lose internet connection as browsing, email refresh etc just does not happen (usually get page cannot be loaded error) - even when on 5 bars HSUPA.

Why is this and what can be done to remedy?

Thanks

78 REPLIES 78

Hi Henk,

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family :smileyhappy:

The file is on its way to you now.

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

Same Problem Here

Would really appeciate a link to the Beta Firmware

Thanks

Dave

Hi and Happy New Year to All!

Support Guys, could you please re-send me the Firmware upgrade for my R212?  When I try to run the utility (on 2 different Windows machines) it does not recognise my device.  I would have discovered this earlier, but being a Mac user it took a while to find a Windows person.....  

The file I have is "K4510-Z_ReleaseV5.0.zip" so is this correct?

Many Thanks

John

Hi Guys,

I’ve just sent a copy of this over to you now by email.

James

Hello to all!

I also suffer from the same problems as mentioned in this Thread. Is there any way that I can aquire the Beta Software to solve my issues?

Thanks!

Hi Woodstock_52DAB,

I’ve sent this over to the email address, that you registered to the eForum with.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma!

I've installed the update on the device and all is working much more flawlessly than before.

Where can I leave additional feedback? I've seen that, when I insert Foreign Sim Cards (This one is from Congstar, Germany), it doesn't show the networkname, alhough it did show the network name with the old Firmware. This is very important information to know if you are on the Home Network or not, or on the preferred Network when you are Roaming.

Furthermore, also with a foreign SIM, you can't see the Signal Strength which is also rather important. Is this a bug?

Edit: I've discovered that this is only with the Congstar SIM when Im on the home (T-Mobile D) Network. When I roam in to T-Mobile NL, the Network name and Signal Strength is okay. With a Vodafone NL SIM, everything works flawless. I've also tested with a ALDI TALK (E-Plus) SIM, but I was unable to connect to the Home Network to see if it behaves the same as the Congstar SIM.

I've also discovered that the device sometimes ignores the 'Not Connect on Roaming' setting. Instead of not connecting, it does make a data session an causes a lot of additional costs.

Where can I post additional feedback to this problem, where it will be picked up and be solved?

Thanks!

Hi Woodstock_52DAB,

Thanks for your feedback; I’ll pass it on for you.

What SIMs are you using when it appears that the ‘Not Connect on Roaming’ setting is ignored?

If they’re Vodafone UK SIMs, we can look into what’s happening.

Cheers,

Andy

I've tested the r212 with the new firmware for a few days as my primary internet access and all went a lot smoother than with the old firmwares. Speeds are acceptable, reception is very good and it doesn't take a lot time for the device to make a connection into the WWW.

It seems that the roaming option is only ignored with the congstar (Telekom Germany) sim card. This might be a sim problem because when this sim is in the device, it also doesn't show any network name. With a medionmobile sim, all is fine and everything works flawless.

I'm always interested in further beta releases of the firmware to see if the problem with the congstar card gets solved.

Hi Guys,

The latest firmware is version 3.5.

I’ve sent you both a copy of this to the address you’ve used to register with us.

James