Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No network at home

Burge1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Moved to a new home but receive no network indoors and very limited outside. Property is just outside a major city?

10 REPLIES 10

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Burge1 - Please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Iv tried the steps listed and the suggestions sent to me via text.

Me and my wife are both with Vodafone,  I have a Sony android phone she has a iPhone.  We get no signal what so ever in the house, non in the garden but some a little further down the street. We only moved into the property a couple of weeks ago. I will give you my full postcode privately if required 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Burge1 - Please update the postcode in your profile and get back to us with the template and answers from the link above.

We can then look into this further.

Don't worry about it, sky are going to take over the contracts when they run out so we will have to make do till then.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? At home, get sporadic signal outside away from our property. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors just no signal

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When we moved in

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Burge1 - So we can look into this further, please get back to us with your full postcode, or update it in your profile.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Burge1 I've looked into your area and checked your local serving site (13373). 

Your site is performing correctly and it looks like your issue is related to general coverage rather than a network issue, as the postcode you've provided is in a low coverage area with a patchy 2G connection at best. 

For support with this you could check if you're eligible for Wi-Fi Calling or look into our Sure Signal device. 

Any coverage updates in your area will show on our network status checker

Back to my original post. Iv already been told this over the phone and informed I would need a sure signal booster ( of that's what you call it). £70 if I want one. I'll just change provider at no extra cost when the contracts expire.