Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No ringtones

bjs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since restoring factory settings on my 890N I have lost the ringtones.  Is this standard and do I need to download new ones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are these ringtones you've downloaded ?

Or the ringtones that came with the phone. 

A factory reset takes the phone back to how it came out of the box so any user downloaded ones would be wiped. This is why it's suggested to back up data a person wishes to retain so it can be put back into the phone after the procedure.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Are these ringtones you've downloaded ?

Or the ringtones that came with the phone. 

A factory reset takes the phone back to how it came out of the box so any user downloaded ones would be wiped. This is why it's suggested to back up data a person wishes to retain so it can be put back into the phone after the procedure.  

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the reply but it is the ringtones that came with the phone that have disappeared.

BandOfBrothers
I know when I update my iOS firmware on my iPhone that sometimes new ringtones are added and others are removed.

The same with Wallpapers.

I found this out as I like the Tri-Tone ringtone that came with my earlier models of iPhone and iOS.

This maybe the same for your firmware.

Current Phone  >

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The problem with factory resets is that they don't take you back to exactly what came out of the box - they take you back to wherever the OS has updated to, plus whatever else of the original stuff is thought compatible with that. So that some really useful features that came out of the box just never re-surface again!

There was an excellent ringtone on my first smartphone, but I didn't realise that it would be a good idea to note what it was called. I'm sure it must be out there somewhere, and I could probably download it even now - if only I knew its name!