cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not Happy With Vodafone 3g Data Card Performance.

BML
Not applicable
I use a Vodafone 3G Data Card connected to my laptop to receive and send E-Mails when I am down at Blue Anchor Bay in Somerset and I find it an erratic service and am sometimes unable to get a connection for hours. On top of that it is rather expensive.

I have three questions:

1. How can I check if it is in a poor area?
2. I am down there about 20 weeks a year. Is one of these new Dongle things more cost effective?
3. Is a Dongle more likely to get a connection?
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Andy_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi BML

In answer to your questions;

1. You can check your coverage for a specific area using our coverage checker here.
2. The device itself does not really affect your charges, it is your price plan which influences the amount you pay. You can take a look at out Data price plans by checking out the link here.
3. The Dongles really only have a similar level of access to the network as your existing Data Card. There will be a very small increase in performance. They have been redesigned to make them smaller and to make them easier to use but I doubt you will get a significantly increased level of performance.

The erratic service you have been receiving could be down to a number of reasons but is most likely to be caused by a lack of coverage in that particular area. If you find that there should be good coverage in the area when you have checked let us know as we can investigate this further for you.

If you are finding the service expensive it may be because you are on a older price plan. Why not take a look at our current price plans on the link provided as we may be able to help you reduce your costs significantly.

Cheers

Andy H
eForum Team