Ask

Solution

PA34 Oban

sophiehall
3: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. PA34 Oban

No signal accross Oban.

Postcode PA34 (see profile for full postcode)

Taken simcard out and in. changed carriers to manual search and still didn't work.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

phone has no service

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Wednesday 12/07/17- intermittent now nothing

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Was intermittent now perminent as of last night at about 9pm

Member of local community has noticed wires flying off mast. Photos taken from facebook.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My phone is now working again.  But I am very concerned that on 2 occasions Vodafone via 'complaints' and 'live chat' denied any problems in the Oban area and tried to blame my handset for the problem. Also I did not receive any notification in advance of the work to update the mast, which other customers in the area did either by text or email. As an older customer reliant on my phone for emergencies I think this is poor customer service.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

StephA

I have had no signal on and off since last Wednesday. According to Vodafone there is no network problems but many Vodafone customers are experiencing the same issue.

ancientcodger

Intermittent signal since last wednesday when Pulpit Hill mast in Oban was updated, Vodafone contacted twice, they deny any problems in Oban area

sophiehall

have had an update from a work mate. They do not have signal either they are currently in PA34 4HB

sophiehall

Colleague got signal at PA3 4AL

StephA

Vodafone network in Oban has been intermittent since 12 July 2017. Vodafone customer services say there is no problem and try saying it's an issue with the phone.

I am not the only person to have posted about this and there is a lot of peoplw on Facebook posting regarding this problem.

We want to know what's going on and for how long etc.

As paying customers we have every right to know why we have no network which we are still having to pay for.

I work at PA34 4RY and have not been able to get a signal since 12/7 - signal elsewher in Oban e.g. around Tesco very patchy

Hi Steph,

mine seems to be working for now but I am concerned that it may go off again.

It is clear that as customers we are not being taken seriously and on two occasions I have been told there was nothing wrong when there clearly was.

There are many others on local facebook groups with the same issue allbeing told there was nothing wrong. 

I just hope if it happens again we will be taken more seriously.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ancientcodger and @sophiehall – Thanks for letting us know this is working again.

I’m sorry to hear this wasn’t pick up and resolved when you contacted us via Live Chat.

If you need any further help with network issues in the future, we’ve got a dedicated Network team here on the Community – just post in the network section and we’ll be able to investigate everything further.

I received a phone call at lunch time from Vodafone with an apology.  I appreciated this but also made my point that I do not appreciate being given untrue information.