Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PS3 connection?

goonerman1961
Not applicable
Hi
Can anyone explain how I can connect my ps3 to the 3g network via an ethernet cable. I think i have all the settings correct on my laptop & ps3 but when the ps3 tries to connect to the network it states that no internet connection is available, it does find the IP address tho, can vodafone block the settings to not make this not possible???
2 REPLIES 2

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi goonerman1961,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :).

I can definitely understand why you'd want to connect your PS3 to the 3G network, however this isn't something that we support so I cannot give any guarantees that you'll be able to get this to work at all.

I can advise that that the connection settings are as follows:

APN:internet
Username:web
Password:web

I'd give those a try, if you do struggle though I can't give any more advice I'm afraid :(. Maybe one of our forum users has been able to set this up successfully :).

George
eForum Team

chubbychucky
Not applicable
Hi
Can anyone explain how I can connect my ps3 to the 3g network via an ethernet cable. I think i have all the settings correct on my laptop & ps3 but when the ps3 tries to connect to the network it states that no internet connection is available, it does find the IP address tho, can vodafone block the settings to not make this not possible???

I also tried to get this working a while ago, and eventually gave up. However a friend has got it working and tells me it seemed he was having DNS problems. If you can try changing the DNS servers on the PS3 to an open source one (a free one on the web) it may work. Alternatively, if you manually enter the vodafone DNS server entries on the PS3, it may also work.

Some servers you can try (use at your own risk - these are openDNS servers - free to all to use.)