Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data not working while in Ireland

sannesley
2: Seeker

I live in Northern Ireland (part of the UK) on the border with the Republic of Ireland. When I cross over the border the network provider will switch to vodafone Ireland. I can make and receive phone calls but the data connection doesn't appear to work?

Any suggestions as to how the data connection could be fixed? I have checked the APN settings and noticed that one doesn't exist for Vodafone Ireland. I tried adding one manually to my Samsung Galaxy A53. I went through the steps on the Vodafone IE website but it doesn't appear to be able to let me save the settings

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Don't change anything on the APN settings, you are a Vodafone UK customer and these remain the same.  I suspect the problem here is the phone is picking up the signal from Northern Ireland.

Assuming you have data roaming active you should see the signal you are able to receive at the location at the top of the screen.  The next time you cross the border, try completing a manual network scan, select Vodafone Ireland on the phone and set it to manual, this will prevent the phone from picking up any signal from Northern Ireland and you will get the strongest signal. See here: Manual Roam 

Further information here: My mobile has no signal or data 

UnoMaster

Was there two weeks ago and it was working fine. Probably something on your end.