Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Patheticly slow, constant disconections, 2 Openreach visits. How to leave

jlawuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This is getting beyond a joke now!

34 disconnections in the last 2 weeks (and that’s not a conclusive figure just some rudimental logging) Issues have been going on since install.

Current sync speed of 31down/8up and considering the constant disconnection I’m surprised it’s that high tbh, But those figures are pointless/meaningless as throughput on the line when you want to use it is rarely above 3mb down, admittedly up is usually ok. 4am and it will match the sync speed but that’s not really usefull!...

2 Openreach engineers, the first just reset the line and found no fault and the 2nd changed something in the ground, neither have really helped.

So how do you start the process of leaving in contract without penalty? as this has to be grounds to leave now.

The Sky service prior to this was faultless!

4 REPLIES 4

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@jlawuk are you still using the Vodafone supplied router?

Yeah still using the supplied router, i've got a draytec to test but dont have the energy\time to deal with the support line yet, i think i'd rather cut my losses and go elsewhere, even if the line was stable the slowdowns at peak times are to infuriating.

Nabs

The Vodafone router (depending on firmware) does seem to be the cause a hell of a lot of problems. 
If you have an alternative router I would highly recommend trying it to see if it does resolve the issues. It really shouldn't be too painful a job asking customer services for your username and password to use with it.
If you're still not happy with the performance of your own hardware then there is a clause in the terms and conditions that allows you to cancel  "If the service is materially degraded for an unreasonable period of time " What they class as 'Materially degraded' and an 'unreasonable period' would be up for debate though.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@jlawuk It's disappointing to hear you're not getting the service you're expecting and I understand how frustrating this can be. As advised by @Nabs it may be worth testing your third party router, you can get in touch with our Broadband Live Chat team to get your username and password 🙂

We'll be more than happy to forward your query onto our Broadband team for further investigation, so we can do this I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.