Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Port Forwarding - Server

BreadnGravy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, 

I've been wanting to setup a TeamSpeak 3 server for my friends and I to chat on whilst we're playing online games together, but no one can seem to join or see the server at all. 

I have correctly setup multiple servers before -- before I switched to Vodafone Broadband -- and they all worked perfectly fine. 

I've triple-checked all settings for my router, firewall and anti-virus.. no luck.

Both my PC and the PC hosting the server(s) are connected to the router via Ethernet cable (CAT-5e).

Router: Vodafone Connect

Router Firmware Ver.: 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19 - The latest

Router Hardware type & Ver.: Huawei 963168_HUAWEIVOX25

This website canyouseeme.org I use to verify if the ports are open gives me the following message:

"Error: I could not see your service on (IP) on port (9987)
Reason: Connection timed out "

Required ports:

• 9987 - UDP
  • 10011 - TCP
  • 30033 - TCP

Some questions:

• Are the required ports blocked?
  • If they are blocked, can I get them unblocked?
  • Is port forwarding not allowed?

Thank you in advance.

15 REPLIES 15

@dane_b still not working! 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@leekaiwei thanks for providing us with that information.

I've sent you and @vodauser123 a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can look into this for you.

Why is everything sent through Direct Messages and not revealed to everyone else having this problem? I have also tried multiple times to open all sorts of ports, disabled the firewall altogether, and put my NVR in the DMZ. Nothing is allowed in in any case.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Admin or users.

I am using the Huawei Connect Modem / Router. From what I read Vodafone won't issue the account username and password so that I can buy my own Modem Router???

machare
13: Advanced Member

@jamiew84wrote:

I am using the Huawei Connect Modem / Router. From what I read Vodafone won't issue the account username and password so that I can buy my own Modem Router???

They have been willing to provide these details for the past 9 months. You may be asked which of the BT approved routers you plan to use.

Oh really. I must be reading an old thread. That's great news. Thank you for the update. I still have the BT home hub in the garage :Smiling:

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @jamiew84,

We can help you get your username and password, please see the private message that i've sent to you on how to contact our team directly.