Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pump Express Plus technology

ResCok3
4: Newbie

Pump Express Plus technology is by mediatek promising to charge 75% in 30 mins..

I have the smart ultra 7 with this technology but it takes like 5 hours to get to 100%...

I dont believe it should take this long with this technology...

please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Think I found the culprit:

The phone also supports MediaTek’s Pump Express Plus charging technology, for 0-75% charging in as little as 30 minutes – although it does require a suitably compatible charger (9V/2A) that is not supplied with the phone.

https://jmcomms.com/2016/06/27/review-vodafone-smart-ultra-7-can-it-take-the-crown-from-the-2015-sma...

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Im not sure what to advise you.   :Sad_face:

The phone will only draw power it needs to charge. 

If a phone has fast adaptive charging built in then I believe that needs to be enabled in the phones settings. Does your phone support fast charging ? From reading the page on the product the phone seems to need to support thst tech too. 

This review suggests maybe not. 

"Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 review: Battery life.
Since there's no quick-charge it does take some time to fill up the Smart Ultra 7's 2,960mAh battery. But with a battery of that capacity, Android Marshmallow's optimisations and only having a 1080p display, a full charge will last you a full day without even trying. Indeed, even when we accidentally left navigation running on Google Maps one afternoon it still kept going until about 2am the next morning." From vodafone-smart-ultra-7-review-ultra.

Well it does on my Samsung s7 edge although personally I prefer not to use it. IMO it warms up the phone a lot more and some opinions is that it can shorten battery life. If I do use it I get approximately 60% in 30 minutes. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

this is my first smartphone so not sure about battery charge time...

Is 5 hours normal when company promises (mediatek) 75% in 30 mins? The phone seems to have no functionality issues other than this.

Oh and its fricken 2 days old as well

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

I've not fully read everything about their claims but from having a quick look the phone has to support that technology. 

My advice is to always use original charging accessories. That's just my preference. 

Regulary top up the battery and do not let it drop below 20%

A battery charges faster if you place it in aeroplane mode or turn it off whilst charging. 

Edit from your edit > It can take a few discharge and recharge cycles for the battery to reach optimal output. 

Current Phone  >

well it does. i mean if you look up Pump Express Plus technology it promises 75% in 30 mins (quick charge?) yet mine takes awfully long which at first i assumed was normal.

i charge with the phone off from wallsocket with usb cable attached to powerplug. of course with its own charger

the battery does go a bit fast as well but that might be due to my fairly high brightness

BandOfBrothers

A phone has to have these chipsets to support that charger. 

"Is My Device Compatible With Mediatek Pump Express Plus?

It depends on which processor your phone has. When Pump Express was launched last year, Mediatek noted that all devices that come with the following processors come with Pump Express (Plus):

Mediatek MT6795
Mediatek MT6735
Mediatek MT6732
Mediatek MT6592

The company also revealed that any newer processors will come with Pump Express. These are the following processors that come with Mediatek Pump Express Plus:

Mediatek MT6752
Mediatek MT6753"

From gadgetstouse.com/gadget-tech/mediatek-pump-express-charging.

Your phones chipset is.....

Mediatek MT6755M

From gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_ultra_7.

Current Phone  >

Thanks but I got this Pump Express Plus technology.line from the phone overview itself on the website

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-ultra-7-payg/sku90568

I talked to vodafone livechat and looks like I might have to return it as they said its not normal for a new phone, after so many troubles I have already had in this short period of time with vodafone

BandOfBrothers

The GSM Arena site I linked to is well known for listing specs of mobile phones. 

The specs in the link you pasted in also show Processor: MT6755M Octacore

What are they saying is not normal?

The phone is two days old so it's battery will still be new and not at optimal output yet. 

In short the chipset in your phone does not support the accessory you've purchased. 

Current Phone  >

Think I found the culprit:

The phone also supports MediaTek’s Pump Express Plus charging technology, for 0-75% charging in as little as 30 minutes – although it does require a suitably compatible charger (9V/2A) that is not supplied with the phone.

https://jmcomms.com/2016/06/27/review-vodafone-smart-ultra-7-can-it-take-the-crown-from-the-2015-sma...

BandOfBrothers

I wish you well with your endeavours. 

Current Phone  >