Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Purchasing Via The Phone On A Business Contract

adoui
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm currently looking at purchasing a talk and text package on a business contract, and then adding the 5gb Via The Phone mobile broadband. I called the business store today and was told, after much confusion as to what VTP is, that it was only available on a seperate sim, i.e. that I would have to have one sim for voice and text and another for data on VTP. And that I would actually get sent a dongle modem and have to take the sim out of that. Needless to say I'm not entirely convinced this is the case, and would appreciate a bit of clarification on the following:

• Can VTP 5gb broadband be added to a talk and text package?
  • Can VTP be enabled on the same sim as voice and text?
  • I am not planning to get a 'unlimited mobile internet and webmail' 500mb package as I presume the 5gb VTP allowance can be used for data for the phone itself as well as a connected laptop?
  • Is the VTGP 5gb broadband covered by the 'never pay more than' deal that is currently advertised for the dongle provided broadband (subject to fair use obviously)
and finally, presuming VTP is available on the same sim etc, how would I go about purchasing? The business store call centre do not seem aware of the product, and there is no online option to purchase, either separately or as an add on to a voice and text contract. I have popped into a couple of business stores and they are not aware of the product either.

Any help much appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Helen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi adoui

It's fantastic to see that your so interested in our Via the Phone broadband bundle. :D

It is a shame though that you've had so many issues trying to get this added to your account. :(

As far as I'm aware, the Via the Phone bundle can be added to a standard full contract package (not currently on SIM Only deals) at £20 per month. So you would use the same SIM card as you do for making calls and texts. If you have a 3G handset you'll be able to use this package to turn your phone into a modem, so it's amazing for when your on the go! ;)

I'll get one of our team to pop an email over to you shortly so that we can check your current plan and see if we can get this added on for you. I'm confident we'll have you up and running in no time!

If you are looking at using this service, I would strongly recommend that you take advantage of our fabulous My Account service to allow you to keep track of your usage. This package is not subject to our Fair Usage Policy, it is set to a massive 5GB allowance.

Finally here at the eForum, we want to make life better for you. Take our quick and simple Survey to tell us how you think we're doing. All of your feedback goes towards improving your Vodafone experience! ;)

Keep an eye on your inbox, we'll be with you soon!

Helen

eForum Team