Vodafone K3565 Prepay Help Please

TheBrailler
1: Seeker
Hello sorry for the question.

I have just bought the Vodafone K3565 Prepay USB Mobile Broadband 1GB

when i get online it will not go any where but the
Vodafone web site and will not pick up my e-mails
and will not let me send SMS too

it tells me that it is connected and online.
I am very very new to this I am using a Braille display to access this software so not much of a clue i have to say
is here an Idiot's Guide to this software around a step by step guide.

I use a Mac for every day use but bought a Toshiba NB200 running XP for getting e-mails because i am about to go away for a few weeks, and i need a Netbook
to keep in touch and i thought that this Vodafone K3565
would be great for me. But I just can't get it to work right.

I got a SMS from Vodafone with info to start it working, but still i am going no where fast. there is paper within the box but not much use to me.

I would be grateful for any help Please.

Yours
James
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey there James,

Shame to hear that you're having difficulties getting this to work. Let's divide this problem up as follows:

- Assuming you're all topped up with credit, for browsing, what browser are you using (e.g Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari)?

- Could you try another? Any difference?

- Also, what website does it come up with? If you have a URLweb address, that'd be great, and might explain what's going on.

- Are you connecting via 2G or 3G? You can tell the difference by the colour the modem flashes up, as well as what the Vodafone Mobile Connect says. Green means 2G, Blue means 3G, turqouise means 3G+ HSDPA (fastest).

- Lastly, does it time-out, or come up with an error message or page? If so, can you paste it here or screenshot it?

For emails:

- What client are you using (eg. Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail)?

- Does the client work normally when wired / wireless LAN?

- Again, any error messages?

Can you additionally check any other services such as Instant Message or software updates work or don't. Lastly... any difference in connection between Mac and PC laptop?

If you can let us know the above and any further details, I'm sure we'll be able to advise you how to get it working :)

Daz

eForum Team

PS... Remember that if you're ever stuck for time, our Online Services are here to save you time and money calling us on 191. Need your bill away from the office? Our comprehensive Online Billing centre has it all! :P

If you have a spare minute and don't mind leaving some feedback, click the link in my signature and let us know what you think!

TheBrailler
1: Seeker
hello Daz

Well I made a right silly mistake I did not have any money in the account yet
and that is why it would not allow me to access the net only Vodafone the site.

after £15 topup I have access to e-mails and all the web.

- Assuming you're all topped up with credit, for browsing, what browser are you using (e.g Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari)?

Head down is shame...

- Are you connecting via 2G or 3G? You can tell the difference by the colour the modem flashes up, as well as what the Vodafone Mobile Connect says. Green means 2G, Blue means 3G, turqouise means 3G+ HSDPA (fastest).

Daz I am a Deafblind person so not able to see images i use Braille Display on my Mac's

I needed to buy a computer because i need access when away on holiday to the net and The Toshiba NB 200 10z
was Ok for me and my Braille Display. having to use windows again is a right pain..

I still can not send out SMS texts to my sister within the Vodafone yet. as you can gess i am not that good with phones
not much a clue about this things.

Thanks very much Daz for your time and help.
I am grateful to you.

Yours
James

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey again James!

Glad we got to the bottom of it! Don't worry at all - we were all new to technologies once (I remember my first BlackBerry - to others I must have looked like I was studying some strange alien technology!). We're here to help, and it's simply great that you've found the forum - this is the right place to ask away.

With regards to your SMS query, sadly, the text ability has been removed (though you can still receive texts no problem). I know this isn't ideal, and we've had a lot of feedback about the matter. If this is a necessity for you, you'll need a contract SIM to do this (have you seen our SIM Only range?), and the SMS Centre from within the Vodafone Mobile Connect - if it's not there, you may need to download the latest Vodafone Mobile Connect. Below are links to the PC version as well the Mac version should you want to update that as well. Please note that there is no SMS facility with the Mac version sadly - like you, I prefer using Mac's too, so miss out on that option.

VMC Mac

VMC Windows

Let us know if we can help further at all!

Daz

eForum Team