Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Quadrooter/Bugs/Adriod LG G4

iainsymac
4: Newbie

I have just seen this artice on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37005226

I have an LG G4 which is one of the phones affected.

I downloaded the Quadroot checker and it found four vulnerabilities:

Quadroot.png

My question is, is it Vodafone or LG that will be providing the patches to remedy these bugs? And, are they available yet?

cheers,

Iain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The original report implies that you're OK as long as you don't install apps from outside the Play Store.  As with most "vulnerabilities", I suspect your have to be pretty casual about safety to be in any serious danger.

The fault appears to have been discovered by reverse-engineering the Qualcomm software, which took something like 6 months.   As there are easier ways of compromising any device (mainly dodgy links and downloads), I suspect those will still be the favoured route.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@bobevans wrote:

it would be very nice if Vodafone would offer some kind of comment.

I'm still not holding my breath.

You mean like the statement from them here....?  You can breathe now  :smileywink:

PWIAC

Well, they got there, thanks for the info.

Now I can concentrate on trying to get a sensible response to a Sure Signal problem.

(I'm really, really not holding my breath now).

Hi @bobevans

For further help with your Sure Signal, feel free to post in our Sure Signal board here.

Alternatively you can speak to our Live Chat team here and they will get this looked into for you. Let us know how you get on and if you need any further help message us here and we will help you further. 

Thanks

Khizar