Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S7 Edge on AT&T

ross_beattie23
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys,

I recently picked up a refurbished galaxy s7 edge online that had come from the US. The phone is unlocked and my vodafone sim works perfect and doesn't have any network problems. The problem is that the whole phone still has AT&T plastered all over it, in the menus etc. 

If i download an app, say amazon, it automatically sets my currency as US dollars and sets my billing country as there also. Now this can be changed easily but it's an inconvenience i could do without. 

The phone also searches the AT&T network for software updates as opposed to the vodafone one. 

So to cut a long story short, my question is, can i wipe the phone completely and install vodafone software?

Thanks

Ross

Screenshot_20161223-002215.pngScreenshot_20161223-002215.png

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

It sounds like the phone was supplied by that Network and has its bloatware pre loaded onto it. 

Vodafone wouldn't officially help with uploading / supplying their firmware for your phone. 

If this was my phone I'd look at the following....

• Look at settings to see if I can force options such as currency and location. 
  • Look in Settings and Applications and force stop / disable or remove what I can. 
  • Look at Launchers such as Nova Prime which allows you to further customise the look and feel of the phone.

I remember reading a while ago that due to the Snapdragon 820 chipset in the American version on the s7 it wasn't easy or possible to root or put a custom Rom onto the phone. 

I use the Uk s7 edge with the Exynos 8890 chipset. 

I would suggest using Google and YouTube to investigate if you can install a Custom Rom and the pros and cons of doing so. 

A very good site to look at is Xda Developers.

Link > xda-developers ~ general ~ xda-assist

Regarding Vodafone Calling over Wifi.

It may not work on your phone because....

"Wi-Fi Calling lets you make calls anywhere you have Wi-Fi, even when there’s no mobile signal.

To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:

A Pay monthly Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+ or Business Premier*
A compatible device:

A Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016), A5 (2016), S6, S6 edge, S7 or S7 edge bought directly from Vodafone at one of our stores, online or by phone through our customer services team" from Here.

Regarding Softwate updates.

I would suggest speaking with Samsung Uk Online by phone or if local visit a Samsung Service Centre for general advice. Some information in samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/FOTA/

The other slightly off topic question I would ask myself is if the 2yr Manufacturer Warranty would be valid as it's a phone not released for the uk market. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

lostboyuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Just go across to sam firmware and download the btu..uk/ireland firmware and flash it with odin