Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Card Does Not Seem To Fit

foda
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

I am trying to insert the new sim card supplied with my new A5 in the sim card tray but with no sucess, to me the sim card looks to big to fit in to the sim tray.

Has vodafone supplied the wrong sized sim? and will my local vodafone store be able to give me a correct sized sim?

Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Cutting the card down is possible, but you can damage the SIM, so I'd simply get a replacement.   The information on devices is sometimes incorrect, which results in incorrect SIMs being sent you.   Yes, that is less than satisfactory, but manufacturers don't help by having one size on model after model in a range, then suddenly changing.  It's a bit of a mystery why there isn't a degree of standardisation.   (Though smaller SIMs were developed as phones got thinner and internal space increasingly packed.  I'm sure we'll all be using nano SIMs in time, but it won't happen overnight.)

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Stephenlyew
7: Helper
The sim card you have is a combo sim it's a full size and micro size you have to break the out part of sim card away just leaving the micro sim size ie just the sim connector part if that makes sense

According to Samsung the sim should be a nano sim, but the card I have seemed to be provided with is a mico card, so looks like I'll be visiting a local vodafone store later today.

Stephenlyew
Yes I've just checked on the Samsung site it is a nano sim card as you say you can still get that card cut down if you have problems getting any help from Vodafone seems even the store staff have no technical skills in knowing what sim cards what phones take which does not surprise me really

hrym

Cutting the card down is possible, but you can damage the SIM, so I'd simply get a replacement.   The information on devices is sometimes incorrect, which results in incorrect SIMs being sent you.   Yes, that is less than satisfactory, but manufacturers don't help by having one size on model after model in a range, then suddenly changing.  It's a bit of a mystery why there isn't a degree of standardisation.   (Though smaller SIMs were developed as phones got thinner and internal space increasingly packed.  I'm sure we'll all be using nano SIMs in time, but it won't happen overnight.)