Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Skype presentations not working on PAYG

ugurevin
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I am on PAYG and have Mobile Wifi device (Huawei). Currently I am abroad (in one of the free roaming countries in Europe). I can access all the internet protocols such as YouTube, web pages, Outlook, Skype, etc. However, I am unable to use Skype Meetings - presentations. I cannot present my desktop or applications on Skype Business or I cannot see any shared live content via Skype. In the Skype meetings I can hear people and they can hear me but presentations are blocked. I get an error similar to "Current network issues are preventing you from presenting, etc.". I called Vodafone helpdesk and they told me that there was a bar on my account and then they removed it. However, I still cannot access presentations at all (I removed and reinserted SIM, restarted device, waited for 2 hours, etc.)...I am on 4G network and I can get 25+ Mb/s...Has anyone of you tried Skype Business Presentations on PAYG (UK and/or abroad) and does it work for you? Do I need to perform any special set up for the Mobile device/network? Meanwhile, on the saeme laptop Skype meetings work OK on normal wifi network connected to the internet via broadband.

Thanks,

Evin

14 REPLIES 14

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ugurevin That sound's like it could be due to your signal. Do you still experience issues in other locations?
It may be worth closing down other applications on your phone/ computer whilst you're using Skype to see if this improves.
Please keep us updated 🙂

No, it is nothing to do with signal. My bandwidth is around 25Mb/s and I don't have any connection issues. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ugurevin - This is strange. We’re trying to find out why your Skype Present option isn't working for you, when using our service and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we’ve an update.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ugurevin I just wanted to let you know we're still looking into this and will update you again, as soon as we know more 😊

Thanks Colleen. I am looking forward to it.

Ugur

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You're welcome @ugurevin :Smiling: We're continuing to investigate this for you and will update the thread with more information.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ugurevin - Just to let you know we’ve not forgotten about you!

We’ll post back as soon as we hear back from our contacts. ☺️

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@ugurevin We've had a further update, that we've been carrying out testing and we've been able to connect and present on our internal Skype, while connected with both Contract and PAYG SIMs. So it doesn’t appear to be a case that we are blocking anything generic on Skype at a device or network level our side.

We've raised the question to our core network team, to see if Roaming could be a factor and we're awaiting a reply from them.

We've been advised that Microsoft provide a connectivity test here https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ for diagnosing connectivity issues for several Microsoft apps, including Skype for Business which may help pinpoint the issue.

If you complete this, please let us know how you get on. We'll continue to keep you updated with any new information we're provided.

Hi,

I am back in the UK and tried Skype Business meeting and present application/desktop feature and I still get the same error:

"We couldn't connect to the presentation because of network issues. Please try again later". 

My bandwith is Download: 8-10Mb/s, Upload: 10-12Mb/s (in Turkey my bandwidth was around 21Mb/s) so I can connect everything but only problem is with Skype Business Meetings @ Presents feature.

In conclusion I can say that it is not a "roaming" issue. 

I will also run the test you sent me.

Thanks,

Ugur Evin