Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching from pay monthly to sim only

Bingo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ive a 24 month contract, signed up in July and was wondering if its possible to switch to a sim only contract and if so how and when or do I just sit my contract out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Bingo

If you were on a 12 month SIM only contract, there would be the flexible upgrade option where you would be able to change to a full contract with a phone without incurring any termination charges for the SIM only contract.

You only agreed a 24 month full contract Juily this year which would have included a reasonable phone.    If you want to change to SIM only whilst still in commitment, Vodafone will be asking you to pay up what remains of your full contract.  This is going to be very expensive.

An option would be to sell the phone and put the proceeds towards the early termination fees, but that will leave you having to purchase a cheap phone for the SIM only.

@Bingo

If you check the My Vodafone Application and your online account you will be able to see your upgrade date.  When you are in that period, you will be able to change to a 12 month SIM only.

A long time to go.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @Bingo

If you were on a 12 month SIM only contract, there would be the flexible upgrade option where you would be able to change to a full contract with a phone without incurring any termination charges for the SIM only contract.

You only agreed a 24 month full contract Juily this year which would have included a reasonable phone.    If you want to change to SIM only whilst still in commitment, Vodafone will be asking you to pay up what remains of your full contract.  This is going to be very expensive.

An option would be to sell the phone and put the proceeds towards the early termination fees, but that will leave you having to purchase a cheap phone for the SIM only.

@Bingo

If you check the My Vodafone Application and your online account you will be able to see your upgrade date.  When you are in that period, you will be able to change to a 12 month SIM only.

A long time to go.

Thanx I thought that would be it.  Ill wait longer and sit the contract out then hopefully switch to sim only.