Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Trying to add new users, it let me add one, and says I can add another 31, but when I try a few different numbers I get the same error.

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.

Been getting the same error for a few hours now. Any ideas

Hi, I purchased a second hand SureSignal box (Serial: 21197242916) and I am unable to add a new user.  It says:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre

Thanks, Jenny

Hi lorol,

When looking at your issue there are a few things that we need to know.

What is the Sure Signal serial number?

Are the numbers you are trying to add all VodafoneUKnumbers?

Are you adding them one at a time?

@ jennym0104, your Sure signal is currently showing as suspended which is why you won’t be able to administer the device, I would recommend contacting the 3rd party where you purchased this for a refund.

James

New SS2 here. Have followed the steps, and it's sat idle for 20 hours. The status in the management site says pendingActive.

I've followed the instructions here for registering on the business site (Corporate account), but they send me to the same registration place. The whole thing is pretty confusing.

S/N: 40120113044

Thanks in advance!

Well, mine has gone back into it's box, and will end up in the bin unless Voda come to collect it.

An absolute waste of time. I've spent countless hours on the phone with support people, all of whom have entirely different opinions on how long setup should take or what the problem is. Of course, it is obviously my network, or my ISP....

Despite my account showing pendingActive and never having received any confirmation of setup, the problem is supposedly because my SS2 cannot connect to VF. When I login to see the status, it says I can't see anytihng because I am not yet registered. The deregister link results in a 404, and a new registration tells me the serial number is already used.

Vodafone should understand that the users of these things are already the frustrated ones because they already have service problems. 

I really wish I hadn't bothered.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Zeek,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you regarding your Sure Signal issues.

Firstly when it comes to the Sure Signal being registered it will normally take up o 6 hours however we will normally advise a maximum of 24 hours.

Looking at the serial number that you have supplied it is currently showing as pending active which means that the registration has not been able to complete.

To get this working for you I have raised this with our IT support who will be able to rectify this for you however, in regards to the service not working can I ask what light sequence you are seeing when it is plugged in as you may need to open certain ports to allow the Sure Signal to create a stable VPN connection.

James

Hi James

Thanks. I get a solid red power light, no others.
SS2 has full connectivity. I've actually stuck it in the DMZ while we tried to get it working.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi zeek,

Can you take a look at this Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, as there is already a topic for the steady power light only. Once you've gone through the troubleshooting guide, please post in the linked thread.

Thanks

Lee

I did - many times.

It's working now, after the 7th time on the phone with an engineer, with me insisting that you guys had not completed the process yet.

I've been repeatedly told the problem was with my router/line/ISP/the weather etc etc. Despite me only seeing pendingActive as the status and NEVER receiving a confirmation email/SMS of setup.

It would REALLY help everyone if you made sure your L1 and L2 helpdesks don't bother trying to troubleshoot a connection until the registration is complete on your end, and the confirmation has been sent. 

My email/SMS arrived this morning, and the unit kicked into life within 15 minutes and has worked since.

Cheers, Zeek.

Hi

Been trying to register my SureSignal for several days but your website keeps failing (numerous errors), latest message, is a technical fault try again later.

My serial number is 21196998534.

Can I register any otherway?

Thanks
Dan