Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

dpstent
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello

After leaving my unit on overnight it seems to have installed correctly. My default phone is picking up a full 3G signal and the 3rd light flashes when I make calls.

However, when I try to add additional users online I get the following error message:-

Any ideas?

Thxs

Hi all

Have also experienced this problem! Previously my SureSignal worked fine but then had some form of fit, so had to be replaced.

Since I registered its replacement I've been unable to register anyone - getting the same error message as everyone else here, it appears (We'll try to fix this soon etc. etc.).

Please can you help?! I live in a place with zero Vodafone signal so my SureSignal's the only thing keeping us going! My phone works ok as it's my account but my wife's, her friends'  and her parents' phones (all Vodafone) disappear into the black hole of reception that is my house whenever they visit.

Cheers

Matt

Hi flennerz, welcome to the eForum

Do you have any issues with any other aspect of the online services on My Account? Are you able to view bills successfully, change details, manage the account and so on, or do you have difficulties with the online billing service?

I'd like to rule out any issues there before we dig deeper into the Sure Signal.

Dave

eForum Team

Hi Dave

I've no other problems with My Account at all, everything else is fine! My Nokia 5800 overheats from time to time, and naturally, being a Nokia, it swiches itself off at inopportune moments, but really my main beef is with the Sure Signal.

Cheers

Matt

Hi flennerz,

Are you able to log into your online account and de register your sure signal?

If so I would advise doing this, waiting 24 hours and then registering it again as it sounds like the registration has not completed correctly and linked to your online account properly.

SeanJ,

I'm pleased to see that you have managed to get this sorted, any other questions, let us know. :Winking_smiley:

James

eForum Team

Hi there

Have tried this and no joy whatsoever! Furthermore, my SureSignal is at present deregistered but I'm still getting full 3G signal in my house....

I reregistered it and it failed to let me add users; I deregistered it again but this seems to have had no effect on my SureSignal whatsoever.

Please can this be sorted asap?!

Matt

Hi flennerz,

Thanks for posting, I've just sent you an email so that I can look into this further for you. If you reply with all the details, then I'll be in touch as soon as I can.

George

eForum Team

Hi. I am a business customer (IBM). I cannot register my number for an online acount in order to then register my new sure signal. Thus its not too useful at the minute. When I type in my number on the account setup screen it says already registered (which I am not) and thus I go to the 'forgotten username' section and type in my number and wow it says number not recognised. :Smiling:

I have spoken with Richard in business support team - he tried to clear any previous details of mine e.g. from previous personal phones, but obviously not everything is clean yet. I will have used my business number as an alternative contact number on a personal phone registration. Happy for those accounts to be deleted if it helps as the business one is now the only Voda number I have.

Anything you can do?

If the device cant be set up then its not effective and I need to return it, but obviously there is only a limited time to return it for a full refund thus I'd rather your team helped to fix within the next 48 hours.

Many thanks.

Hi banjo21 and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble setting this up.

Don;t worry though, I'm sure we can get you up and running. I'm going to send you an email over to the email address that you registered with. All you need to do is hit reply when you receive it and fill in all of the information it asks for. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team