main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Unable to register, add or remove users

Not applicable
My groundfloor flat is unable to receive a signal with Vodafone, so I purchased theUnsure Signal kit. Problem solved. And yet not...

I purchased the kit in August. At that time I had to hold 5 or 6 conversationswith Vodafone to get it correctly functioning - we had to open ports on thewireless router, and reset it on countless occasions. Finally it seemed readyto function.

After 3 weeks it stopped working, the box was flashing a solid power light, andno other lights were on. Several more conversations with c/s and they concludedthat the BOX was at fault. It was sent to Vodafone for repair, and it arrivedback a week later. I plugged in the new box, connected it and still the powerlight was solid and alone.

I've spent the last few days constantly calling c/s, and have had the followinghappen - 1) the last 2 calls were cut off (I assume I wasn't hung up on...?),2) last night I was told that the box wasn't MY box and in fact registeredto someone else, and definitely wasn't the same one that went in for repair, 3)I received a text message referring to me as Luis - my name ins Matt - inthe HP1 postcode area (I won't write the full details here, because Iapparently have more understanding of people's personal data than Vodafone seemto!) and that my Unsure Signal is ready to go.

I then logged onto the Vodafone website, and can clearly see that the boxbelonging to Luis is now tied in to my account, IN ADDITION TO my original boxwhich had gone out for repair. I of course only have the one box. And I canonly assume that someone else has my box and data?!

During one call to the c/s team last night, some of the other lights brieflycame to life on the box. I told the operative this as "exciting" towhich he giggled. He then said he was putting me on hold...but infact -unbeknowns to him - didn't block the microphone at all. So I get to hearhim continuing to laugh saying to his colleagues "I have UK, UK, England,he is excited at the lights!! Excited!! UK England are excited". What onearth am I supposed to make of that episode? I am a figure of amusement forthem, when in fact this is a far from amusing situation.

It is worthadding to this that I am extremely proficient in IT issues, networking,computers and systems. I have carried out not just the obvious reboots, but themore complex procedures that are on the various online forums. From speaking toVirgin (my ISP) it would appear that Unsure Signal is incompatible with Virgin,as Virgin offer a nonstatic IP. If this is the case, it is likely to explainalot of the frustrations your customers are finding with the kit. Is this thecase?

So, the situation is that I am spending alot of my valuable time to try to sortthis out. And it costs me money each time to call the c/s team because I haveto do it from another network, hence it isn't free. And I am gobsmacked by therudeness of the c/s team - to have had the call "dropped" twice, inaddition to the mockery that they seemed to think was acceptable. And the wholekit is utterly ineffective.

I want this to be fixed, and want to invest no more of my time or money on thematter, because I've pretty much had enough of this charade.

I need to have the current sure signal box registered to me and the old one that vodafone have back de-registered to me!!!!

View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting. I've just responded to you on the other thread here. Please see my reply there for further details.

George
eForum Team

View more options
4: Newbie
I have just purchased a Sure Signal as I am a Community First Responder for hte Ambulance Service and all our jobs come through a vodaphone corporate contract phone. I get hardly any signal at home so I bought a SS as I also have a vodaphone contract phone,
I set it up last night and waited for about 3 hours for it to work. Problem is that it is giving my personal phone a full signal but not the Ambulance service phone.
Any ideas?
View more options

I have just purchased a Sure Signal as I am a Community First Responder for hte Ambulance Service and all our jobs come through a vodaphone corporate contract phone. I get hardly any signal at home so I bought a SS as I also have a vodaphone contract phone,
I set it up last night and waited for about 3 hours for it to work. Problem is that it is giving my personal phone a full signal but not the Ambulance service phone.
Any ideas?

Just wanted to add that I have recieved the confirmation text on the Ambulance phone to say it is set up.
View more options
16: Advanced member

Just wanted to add that I have recieved the confirmation text on the Ambulance phone to say it is set up.
Is the ambulance service 'phone 3G enabled? The VSS is 3G only.
Philip
View more options

Is the ambulance service 'phone 3G enabled? The VSS is 3G only.

Oh no, don't say that! How would I find out?
It is a Nokia but I can't find a model number.
View more options

Oh no, don't say that! How would I find out?
It is a Nokia but I can't find a model number.

On my old Nokia the number is on the front, bottom right hand side, and, if I remove the battery on a label adjacent to the SIM card. You can then look it up on the Nokia website. Also, you may be able to swap the SIMs between the two 'phones - if the ambulance service SIM works in your personal 'phone it is likely that the ambulance service 'phone is the problem ...
Philip
View more options

On my old Nokia the number is on the front, bottom right hand side, and, if I remove the battery on a label adjacent to the SIM card. You can then look it up on the Nokia website. Also, you may be able to swap the SIMs between the two 'phones - if the ambulance service SIM works in your personal 'phone it is likely that the ambulance service 'phone is the problem ...

Argh! I can't work out how to get into the battery to see what the number is and there is nothing on the front. Thanks for your help anyway, I bet that is the problem!
View more options
I am informed that the Ambulance Service phone is 3G so it is not that.
Can anyone from VF help?
View more options
Not applicable
I have 3 Sure Signals, all are set up. But 1 I can not add or remove users? Could it be that it is not connected to the internet?
View more options
Not applicable
I have just installed the Sure Signal for our business and added all the numbers by ringing customer services.
I could do with having an account though so I am able to make changes myself. The only problem is all the sim cards using the sure signal are in modems in Trucks which are rarely in the same time as me.
How can I manage my Sure Signal online without one of the sim cards avaiable ?

p.s. our account is via a third party telecoms company.

Thanks
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi all

salukigirl if the Sure Signal is working on your other handset with out issue, it's unlikely to be the device that's at fault. Try removing and re-registering the number, and let me know how you get on.

farther of Mike when you say all are set up, do you mean all have been working? Do you get any error messages when you attempt to add numbers?

Matt-123 not sure how this would work for you. A Sure Signal is normally set up via "My Vodafone" attached to a main number. You don't need to have that phone with you to access the account, but you do need access to Vodafone Online services. If customer services set this up in this way, they should be able to advice which is the main number, and thus gain access to the VSS dashboard to make changes. I'd strongly advise you contact your customer service team.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

View more options
Hi,

I've just taken delivery of my Sure Signal and I cannot get it to register under My Account. I click through 'Register Sure Signal' enter my post code and then on the screen after I enter serial no. sure signal name, floor and tick accept terms and conditions I just get the same error whether I click the 'Add Users' or 'Submit without adding users' button. The error I get is :-

Sorry. We couldn't add one or more of the users to your Sure Signal, Please check their details and try again.

I haven't been asked for any details yet and no matter what I try cannot get past this stage of the registation.

I've attached the error message.
View more options
Not applicable
Problem with registering my Sure Signal

I bought a Sure Signal this week and the Quick SetUp Guide says I should go to vodafone.co.uk/suresignal and click on Register your Sure Signal. When I went to that page there is no Register your Sure Signal and the only references to Sure Signal do not include how to register it.

I searched the web and found a different web address: http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/sure-signal-1/
and that seems to have worked.
View more options
Hi all,

Could some please check out my Sure Signal account again.

This time I can't add user! I get as far as 'confirm' then get this error ...

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: javax.servlet.ServletException at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44) at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563) at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464) at $Proxy67.getMarkup(Unknown Source) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249) at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361) at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339) at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330) at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304) at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597) at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434) at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147) at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__template5col_02._jspService(__template5col_02.java:198) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175) at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533) at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459) at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
etc. etc.

Cheers,
Mike.
View more options
Bump

My post seems to have been overlooked.
View more options
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Cineriv and thanks for your post.

The error seams to indicate some sort of proxy issue, I'm not sure what's gone on exactly. Please can you advise what browser you're using to access the site, and whether you can access your account from an alternative PC?

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

View more options
Hi Reidar and thanks for your reply,

Firstly, I have tried to add another user on my Sure Signal account using both Google Chrome and IE8, but both browsers give exactly the same result.
The same error occurs using another computer.

I can successfully log into my account, then again to my Sure Signal account.
When I try to add a user, it works ok until the 'confirm' stage, that's when I get the error.

Thanks,
Mike.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hello Cineriv and thanks for getting back to me.

it appears the problem is definately to do with your account, we'll have to take a closer look via email. Please be sure to reply to the email I'm about to send as this will create a new chain and allow us to investigate why this is happening.

We are in the process of upgrading our forum, as such you will not be able to reply to this post as yet, please see our'New eForum Platform' thread.

Thanks

Reidar

eForum Team

View more options