Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Thanks Wayne.

I haven't received that email as yet fyi.

Jason.

Hi Wayne, I still cannot register online for 'My account' and thus cant register my Sure Signal device.

I've had this unused for almost a week now.

If not resolved by end of Thursdsay it gets returned on Friday.

Thanks.

Jason.

Hi banjo21

Thanks for getting back to me here. 

Have you not received the email I sent you? If not I'll send it again for you. If you did could you reply to it and we'll be happy to move this along for you.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum team

Wayne. I've spoken to the customer support team at least 4 times in the last 10 days and the issue is still present - i.e. I can not register with my number for an online account and if I cant register then I cant use Sure Signal. I only say this as feedback for you and your team as you are obviously losing custom as a result of your web service.

I will be posting back to VF the Sure Signal box this morning. Shame as 3G coverage on the Wirral aint great!

Wayne.
Just so that there is no debate on the issue I have emailed the v-store email address and replied to your email confirming my intent to return the device for a full refund. As its only 5 days since receipt I expect VF will abide by the law.
Thanks for your support - its just a shame your team could not fix the issues.
Jason.

dpstent
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
BUMP - Is anyone else having problems adding users to their Sure Signal boxes via the webpage?

Yes I am my sure signal was deactivated a last week after 4 years and the message I received was that it was not used which was not true as we have a bad signal in our village hence the sure signal box we have been reactivated and my number is given a full signal but I cannot get my husbands phone to work I have been to the Vodafone shop today to confirm that I was doing everything okay , but we keep getting the message below,
Sorry – there seems to be a problem.
We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.

Until Vodafone deactivated our account we did not have any problems. I have also tried go have a one to one telephone call but still no joy can anyone help.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

@imran_paruk – Your Sure Signal’s definitely showing as de-registered so you should be able to register it now.

There may have been a problem online the first time you tried to do it, so I recommend you clear your cache and cookies and try registering this again.

If you’re still unable to register it after doing this, please try in another browser.

@Darragh – Are you the registered owner of the Sure Signal? Only the owner can add or remove users.

If you are, you shouldn’t have any problems doing this so let us know the following:

• Have you been able to add and remove users previously?
  • Can you log into your online account to manage the Sure Signal with no problems?
  • At what stage do you get that error message?

@Lloydlloyd – It sounds like the Sure Signal isn’t registered to your account.

You’ll need to try logging on with any other usernames that you or your wife may have used.

@florianh – As above, please try clearing your cache and cookies and try registering this again.

If you’re still unable to register it after doing this, try in another browser.

Get back to us with your serial number if that doesn’t work and we can check the status.

@Patg –Please also try clearing your cache and cookies and then in another browser.

If you’re still having the same problem after doing this, please let us know the following:

• Has your husband’s number been registered on the Sure Signal previously?
  • Can you add and remove other numbers?
  • At what stage do you get the error message?

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny

So I think it was registered under my details. My phone number was a business number which I have now transferred under my wife's account. in total there are 5 phone numbers on my wife's account. How can i simply de-register the box (whithout knowing what details it is registered to) and then, start again and tegister it to my wife?

Hi all

Jenny in answer to your questions.

Until last week both our phones were working fine and have been for about 4 years, Vodafone decided last week to deactivate sure signal not sure why as we use the box all the time. I went to a Vodafone shop and got it reactivated but my husbands phone is still not getting a signal, yesterday I went up a Vodafone shop again and went through everything with a helpfull young lady the out come was that my husband phone was not on the list when we tried to add it we kept getting the message I sent to you in my first mail the lady in the shop tried her details but had the same message. Not sure what you mean about cache and cookies my husband is getting quite frustrated as you can imagine
The sure signal serial number is 21229782897 and I registered it when I was on contract I am now pay as you go