Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi theloz,

Literally, it means the serial number is invalid.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

jeffml
2: Seeker

I now have my Sure Signal ( 40110917768 ) up and working great for my number.  I'd now like to add my wife's number (ends in 9065 and is on the same account) to my sure signal but I'm getting the dreaded "Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre." message.

What is the best way to get here number added?

Hi, having similar problems to the above user:

I have a registered Sure Signal box, myself as Admin. When I try to add my dad's number I get:

[Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.]

Serial Number *21224469946 Status appears as Active.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Me too! Upgraded to iPhone 4s on Wednesday. Was the registered VSS owner, couldn't get the new phone to latch onto the VSS, so deregistered and re-registered with husband as owner. Added me as user. Got SMS on my phone confirming me as user. Then got home to find neither phone worked with the VSS. Deregistered him, re-registered me as owner, got my phone back on but now can't add him and getting the dreaded technical error message. Nice lady in Egypt says she's left a message for the team that deals with it but it's Easter ...

At least we have 1 phone capable of making calls without having to walk the 2 miles to the closest point with a signal. Glad to know its not just us but it's driving us mad!!!!

VSS serial number 21197186378 for what it's worth. Don't you dare do anything that buggers up the one phone that is registered!!

nch45167

Hi, I used to use my Sure Signal but then moved to a different network.

Have just returned to Vodafone but when trying to reregister my SS2 it says it is already registered.

I cannot log in as my previous Mobile Number's account was closed - so I need it deregistering.

My Serial No. is 40110714546

Thanks

yan2006

I registered my suresignal device s/n 40120246869  14.04.2012 and during 2 weeks I cannot add users (java error messages).

I called to tech support and they promised me to add users manually but nothing done.

I sent e-mail to the support team - nothing done.

Could please gime me any advice?

Hi yan2006 and welcome to the eForum

I’m sorry to hear that you have been having trouble adding users.

What browser are you using?

Have you tried using a different web browser (FireFox/Chrome/Opera)?

Do you get the same issue?

If so, I have sent you a private message explaining exactly how to get in touch with us.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Hi,

I am getting the same problem on two different PCs (Win 7 and Vista) and three different browsers (Opera, IE and Chrome) so it appears to be a server side error. I have tried again just now and the error is still there. The process works up until clicking the final CONFIRM button then I get a screen full of code! Screen shot attached.

I too emailed customer support to add a user for me, but nothing happened. How do I resolve this issue?

ANDREW 

Hi a904lea and welcome to the eForum

I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

So that we can look into this for you can you provide me with the Sure Signal serial number?

Thanks

Wayne

I have sent PM regarding same issue. Serial number is 40120526799.